PDA

View Full Version : Primeval Whirl Indefinite Refurbishment & Operational Status Update

Figment!
09-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom has been on an indefinite closure for refurbishment since June 17, 2019.

Although no official announcement on the closure has been made to date, Walt Disney World Guest relations has commented that it is due to unplanned and unscheduled maintenance.

Animal Kingdom Cast have begun to report that the attraction is currently scheduled to re-open for the 2019 Peak Christmas Period before going into Seasonal Operation, however; the Public Operational Calendar shows the attraction opening on January 1, 2020 and returning to Regular Operation. :shrug:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-18-2019, 09:01 PM
Wowzers! Has there been any indication of what issues they have found with it?

Figment!
09-18-2019, 09:41 PM
Wowzers! Has there been any indication of what issues they have found with it?

My best engineering guess is that a component or system that is custom to the attraction is excessively wearing under heavy use.

From what I understand, the attraction is a stock attraction purchased from Reverchon Industries, but it would not be uncommon for some part of the system to be a proprietary Reverchon design or custom to Disney.

All indications so far have been the attraction is repairable, but for some reason the components are not readily available and/or are a higher than normal cost. If it is true that the attraction will be going into seasonal operation, it would be expected that the component wears under heavy use and therefore the attraction will only be used when justifiable.

RunDMV
09-19-2019, 08:09 AM
#nowmorethanever indeed!

baldburke
09-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Love Primeval Whirl for it's old-timey mouse trap feel. I hope they get it back online soon!

DizneyFreak2002
09-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Reverchon Industries went bankrupt and is out of business... The part needed cannot be purchased from Reverchon Industries, and Disney hasn't been able to get the part from other manufacturers.... Until Imagineering can get their hands on the part, this ride will not reopen...

Time to move on from Chester and Hester's...

Kerry823
10-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Just returned from WDW. This part of AK is looking very tired. I hope it gets some love soon.