PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band Annual Pass Question

NY GOOFY
09-05-2019, 10:47 AM
We purchased annual passes for our last visit back in February knowing that we would be going back in October. When we go back in October, can we just use the same magic bands we used back in February? Can we just head straight to the turnstiles or do we need to get the bands reactivated first at guest relations? Just curious.

mydisneygirls
09-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Yes, you can use the same band. We stopped at Guest Services to make sure the annual pass has been activated on our bands and they already were. I also used bands from past years and they worked too!

ThanxForNoticin
09-05-2019, 12:40 PM
As long as your APs were activated when you visited in February, you're in great shape - it really has nothing to do with your magic bands. If your APs are activated in your My Disney Experience account, and your magic bands are linked in MDE, it will all work just fine. And since it sounds like you used them in February, you should be fine.

If by chance you have other magic bands linked in your MDE from previous trips, those will work with your APs, as well. And if you get new ones for your upcoming trip, you can link and use those, as well.

It all works through the MDE account - passes, bands, room key (for a linked reservation), charging, dining reservations, fast passes, etc.... Passes are not associated directly with specific magic bands.

PopPhan
09-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Check your MagicBands on the MDE app, or online, to see which are active. Any active band can be used for any trip.

Online, if you log in to your Disney account, under the MyDisneyExperience tab you will see My MagicBands and Cards....Select that and you can see all the MagicBands linked to your account, as well as anyone else that is part of your MDE "family." It will show the status of each of the MB/MB+ bands, and allow you to Deactivate/Activate any of them.

NY GOOFY
09-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Thank you all!!