PDA

View Full Version : Disney Plus

JanetMegan
08-27-2019, 04:55 PM
So...there is apparently a deal if you sign up for three years in advance. We don't have kids but of course having the Disney classic film library would be great. But here's the thing, I don't care anything about the Marvel stuff or the Star Wars stuff and it sounds like that is a lot of the programming. What is everyone thinking about this?

conan617
08-28-2019, 12:03 PM
I'm going to take the offer. It works out to about $3.33 a month. I'm excited for the classic library and my household also loves Star Wars and the MCU so we should get our money's worth. Now figuring out if I need to drop a different subscription is the next challenge.

baldburke
08-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Disney says it will be $12 per month for Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. I would have preferred to have seen a deal off the entire package vs. just Disney+. We already have Hulu so I guess we'll wait. I don't want to have to pay three separate bills, but I guess what's the difference. We are stoked about the forth coming content. Netflix is toast!

magicofdisney
08-28-2019, 03:50 PM
I've not read about this offer. Anyone have a link?

We dumped Netflix a while back. Currently, we have Hulu+. If the price is right, I'm up for it. I LOVE the idea of the classic library!

I miss the Disney cartoons my kids watched when they were younger; Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, etc. Do you suppose these type shows will be in the offerings?

RaceAddict
08-28-2019, 05:08 PM
I've not read about this offer. Anyone have a link?

https://d23.com/disney-plus-exclusive-offer/

magicofdisney
09-09-2019, 03:22 PM
I'm not a D23 member, so I couldn't take advantage of this particular offer. However, I did get an early-bird commitment discount for Disney Visa cardholders and signed up today. Streaming begins on November 12!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-16-2019, 03:44 PM
I'm going to take the offer. It works out to about $3.33 a month. I'm excited for the classic library and my household also loves Star Wars and the MCU so we should get our money's worth. Now figuring out if I need to drop a different subscription is the next challenge.

Unless the D23 offer was even better, the opening offer for Disney Visa card holders is $169.99 for 3 years, which is $4.72 p/month. Offer ends 9/30.