PDA

View Full Version : D23 Surprise Special Announcement

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2019, 07:53 PM
So, as mentioned in the other D23 thread, Disney has announced a special, secret announcement... The announcement will come next Thursday with a 1 hour panel, I believe, Saturday morning... Rumors have swirled about a new attraction, a new land, some sort of rewards program, or something company wide honoring their employees...

While I doubt a new theme park will be announced (especially since attendance is down), I do believe the announcement will be about Disney destinations and vacations... More specifically, the cruise lines....

Remember, Disney has purchased a new island port... I believe 2021 is when the new port will be open for cruise goers... So announcing it now makes sense... Getting the 1 year head start on cruising information...

Altair
08-15-2019, 08:31 PM
If they would put half the effort into the actual attractions they do for the announcements they might have something.

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2019, 11:04 PM
If they would put half the effort into the actual attractions they do for the announcements they might have something.
That's why I doubt the new park rumor... They are currently in the midst of redoing Epcot, building Tron, new hotels, a new attraction will be coming to AK... They aren't going to build a 5th theme park in WDW... And in DL, they have several projects there too...

With attendance down statewide, a 5th park in WDW or a 3rd park in DL will be a dumb move... Fix what you currently have, and then we can talk...

DizneyFreak2002
08-16-2019, 04:42 PM
OK, the more I think about things, the more I hear about things, the more I am convinced this is going to be an announcement on Lighthouse Point... The new port in Nassau Disney has purchased for their cruise line... Itinerary??? Hotel on that site??? No idea...

goofy for pluto
08-18-2019, 08:28 PM
That's why I doubt the new park rumor... They are currently in the midst of redoing Epcot, building Tron, new hotels, a new attraction will be coming to AK... They aren't going to build a 5th theme park in WDW... And in DL, they have several projects there too...

With attendance down statewide, a 5th park in WDW or a 3rd park in DL will be a dumb move... Fix what you currently have, and then we can talk...

Any idea what that attraction in Animal Kingdom will be?

DizneyFreak2002
08-19-2019, 06:48 PM
None... I wish I knew... Or had even heard a rumor... But only heard the rumor an attraction would be announced.. Not holding my breath for AK love though since Pandora is still pretty new...

Cinderelley
08-19-2019, 11:34 PM
None... I wish I knew... Or had even heard a rumor... But only heard the rumor an attraction would be announced.. Not holding my breath for AK love though since Pandora is still pretty new...

Dagobah :P

Yoda will be your backpack while you run.

Hey. That could be their new marathon.

DizneyFreak2002
08-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Dagobah :P

Yoda will be your backpack while you run.

Hey. That could be their new marathon.

Nothing would shock me with this Disney management team... Chapek's mission is to utilize IP everywhere... Originality is out the window with these suits...

With that said, Dagobah is an iconic location in Star Wars, unlike, say, Batuu... and would probably draw more people into it... And after all, Florida is one giant swamp anyway LOL...

RunDMV
08-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Hopefully, it is something no one wanted, complicates planning, limits spontaneity, and reduces enjoyment.

Tekneek
08-20-2019, 03:40 PM
Hopefully, it is something no one wanted, complicates planning, limits spontaneity, and reduces enjoyment.

Going to be on the fast track to upper management with that attitude!

DizneyFreak2002
08-20-2019, 07:06 PM
Doesn't seem to be any AK announcement coming... WDW's focus will basically be Epcot and a few small things tossed in, nothing about AK...

DizneyFreak2002
08-20-2019, 07:07 PM
Going to be on the fast track to upper management with that attitude!
Yep, cause in Disney you either move up by backstabbing or you fail so bad you get promoted...

DizneyFreak2002
08-23-2019, 05:38 PM
So Disney really fumbled the surprise announcement last night… They hyped this up to be something great, and it fizzled… The surprise announcement was a documentary to air on Disney Plus in December called ONE DAY AT DISNEY… This documentary will focus on the Cast Members and what they deal with during a typical shift… A coffee table book will also be released… I have an issue with this being the surprise announcement as this was discussed and announced back in March... Oh well, I’ll watch the documentary for sure… But this wasn’t worth the hype… Could have just saved it for today’s Disney Plus panel…

Cinderelley
08-23-2019, 10:20 PM
I won't watch it or read the book. I would be very surprised if it is what they actually deal with during a typical shift. They will probably sugar coat it.

Even if they hadn't announced in March, it is hardly worth it's only surprise announcement.

DizneyFreak2002
08-23-2019, 10:22 PM
I won't watch it or read the book. I would be very surprised if it is what they actually deal with during a typical shift. They will probably sugar coat it.

Even if they hadn't announced in March, it is hardly worth it's only surprise announcement.
They could have announced it tonight with the other Disney+ announcements like... She-Hilk, Ms. Marvel and MOONKINGHT!!!! Yes I am excited for a Moonknight TV show... Oh, and um OBI-WAN KENOBI show!!!!

Disney, just take all my money...

Cinderelley
08-23-2019, 11:09 PM
They could have announced it tonight with the other Disney+ announcements like... She-Hilk, Ms. Marvel and MOONKINGHT!!!! Yes I am excited for a Moonknight TV show... Oh, and um OBI-WAN KENOBI show!!!!

Disney, just take all my money...

Lol. It's good to see you excited about something. :)

DizneyFreak2002
08-23-2019, 11:38 PM
Lol. It's good to see you excited about something. :)
Well my $6.99 better be going to something good, and with all these Star Wars and Marvel shows, $6.99 will be worth it...

Plus I like what I see with the EPCOT make over... And waiting to hear phase 3 of DHS make over is green lit... And if the rumors about Animal Kingdom's future are true... DHS Phase 3 and Animal Kingdom won't be known this weekend...

Tekneek
08-24-2019, 10:48 AM

It sounds like a glorified recruitment program to me.

texas211
08-24-2019, 04:53 PM
So Disney really fumbled the surprise announcement last night… They hyped this up to be something great, and it fizzled… The surprise announcement was a documentary to air on Disney Plus in December called ONE DAY AT DISNEY… This documentary will focus on the Cast Members and what they deal with during a typical shift… A coffee table book will also be released… I have an issue with this being the surprise announcement as this was discussed and announced back in March... Oh well, I’ll watch the documentary for sure… But this wasn’t worth the hype… Could have just saved it for today’s Disney Plus panel…

Oooh, ahhh, wait. Nope..

Reading the park map is more exciting.

Cinderelley
08-24-2019, 05:01 PM
It sounds like a glorified recruitment program to me.

Now that you mention it, it does.

Cinderelley
08-24-2019, 05:02 PM
Oooh, ahhh, wait. Nope..

Reading the park map is more exciting.

You're only keeping those park maps for when they start charging for toilet paper.