PDA

View Full Version : Good News About DH!

merciantinkerbell
08-11-2019, 01:16 PM
I've been away for a while as been really busy with work, hospitals etc but want to share this. Those of you who read my WL Trip Report from Nov 2018 will know that DH needs a double lung transplant due to his sarcoidosis causing pulmonary hypertension.
A couple of weeks ago he went in for 5 days of tests and results are he's a suitable top go on the waiting list! So happy he's on the list but feel terrible that someone has to die. The hospital counsellors say that's perfectly normal reaction but even so....
DH already wanting to go back to WDW to celebrate in 2022! Must admit I'm loving the look of the new Riviera Resort, those walk-in showers look perfect for us.

faline
08-11-2019, 03:22 PM
It's good to hear you are making progress towards a medical solution for your husband.

Cinderelley
08-11-2019, 04:46 PM
I am happy for you guys. If it is any consolation, the person who donates is going to die anyway. In all my years as an ER nurse, no one ever discussed donating organs until after we have tried everything and nothing worked. In a way, donating organs helps that person live on.

magicofdisney
08-12-2019, 09:17 AM
I'm glad you have some relief from the anxiety of walking through that situation. Planning a future trip is all the more exciting! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2019, 09:02 AM
What great news! I have heard from many families whose loved ones have been organ donors that it helps, gives some comfort that they helped give someone else a better life.

merciantinkerbell
08-14-2019, 08:09 AM
Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words, it means a lot to both of us. personally I've been registered as an organ donor since I was a teen, whatever is useful when I'm gone, they can have as I won't need it anymore. It also makes me feel as if I'll be giving something back for what DH will receive.