PDA

View Full Version : DME Luggage Tags

andypooh
08-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Somehow I forgot to request the DME bus and the luggage tags. Realized last night which is 15 days before our trip. We put in the request so we should be fine for the bus. What I am wondering is can I get tags mailed to me this close to the trip or will I need to get our luggage when we arrive in Orlando? Thanks

Zippy 1
08-10-2019, 05:02 PM
They may come before you leave. But if not just give your airline luggage claim tickets to them when you check in for Magical Express. They will get your bags. Or if you are not comfortable doing this you can grab them yourself.

Fangorn
08-10-2019, 06:27 PM
They may come before you leave. But if not just give your airline luggage claim tickets to them when you check in for Magical Express. They will get your bags. Or if you are not comfortable doing this you can grab them yourself.

:exactly:
Hang on to your luggage claim checks. When you get to the DME area, go to the counter and give them to the CM there. They will have someone collect your bags at baggage claim. Your bags will be delivered just as if you had the yellow tags on them. FYI, these instructions are in the letter you get from DME.

There's still plenty of time for DME to get the yellow tags to you. You can call DME directly at 866 599-0951 if you want to check. Don't call the regular Disney reservations line as they will not be able to help you. The DME folks will be able to look up your reservation (they will need your resort reservation number) and tell you if/when your tags have been sent yet. You can also request additional tags if you need them. I just did this 2 weeks ago. Oh, and hold time with DME is generally non-existent.

Steve

texas211
08-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Might just grab your luggage and bring it over to DME.

Simba's Mom
08-12-2019, 04:54 PM
:exactly:
Hang on to your luggage claim checks. When you get to the DME area, go to the counter and give them to the CM there. They will have someone collect your bags at baggage claim. Your bags will be delivered just as if you had the yellow tags on them. FYI, these instructions are in the letter you get from DME.

There's still plenty of time for DME to get the yellow tags to you. You can call DME directly at 866 599-0951 if you want to check. Don't call the regular Disney reservations line as they will not be able to help you. The DME folks will be able to look up your reservation (they will need your resort reservation number) and tell you if/when your tags have been sent yet. You can also request additional tags if you need them. I just did this 2 weeks ago. Oh, and hold time with DME is generally non-existent.

Steve

Yes, I also did this once. A last minute family illness meant suddenly I was flying in by myself, instead of the planned drive we usually make. Just showed my luggage claim checks at DME (they didn't keep them, if I remember right) and a few hours later, my luggage showed up.