PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping option at a moderate resort

CanadaLovesDisney
08-04-2019, 11:13 AM
During check in for our trip over Xmas 2018 we were caught off guard with the gift card offer to skip mousekeeping. Is that a regular thing that is offered now or was that a just a holiday option?

Thanks!

Itchy
08-04-2019, 05:05 PM
The last two years we have opted out of mousekeeping. We were staying at Pop Century and got a $50 gift card each time. We were there for 6 days but you get credit for 5 days x $10 a day. You don't get credit for day 6 because they must clean the room for the next group.

We will be at Coronado Springs next month and looking forward to our gift card there. I believe it should be $50 as well for the 6 days we will be there.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
08-04-2019, 10:40 PM
Thank you!

Tink33333
09-03-2019, 07:04 PM
For all the last 5 years or so, we have almost always opted out of housekeeping (voluntarily). We started when our kids were older and easier to clean up after. Also, we noticed that there were many times we would go to the parks for 5-6 hours and when we got back, our room was still not cleaned. Then we would have to wait to get into our room.
All that being said, I appreciate the option and the savings now being offered. You can still get new towels (if you chose) and all the toiletries that you need from housekeeping.

Tink33333
09-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Sorry....just realized the auto correct didn't recognize Mousekeeping!

Katzateer
09-04-2019, 07:00 AM
Just got this option at Pop. Great idea since the room stays pretty clean for the week anyway. Not in the room much. I got extra towels and took my own trash out each morning if any food containers.

I think it depends on who is with you in the room. One trip I got it and the room was in pretty bad shape within an hour of arriving, a really messy relative.