PDA

View Full Version : Big Announcement From Universal

DizneyFreak2002
07-26-2019, 09:34 PM
August 1.... Just one week away from, new park announcement??????????

Fingers crossed....

texas211
07-27-2019, 10:39 AM
Something else Harry Potter?

DizneyFreak2002
07-27-2019, 05:50 PM
Nothing else Harry Potter, not directly anyway....

I believe we'll hear about the replacement for T2 show (Jason Bourne is the rumored replacement), maybe some HHN reveals, maybe a new parade.... And the biggie, Fantastic Worlds theme park... Not sure if they will give full details on the park yet, such as lands and attractions.... I think, if anything, they will include Nintendoland and hub/entrance theme... I'm not sure we'll get full compliment of lands...

Crow
07-28-2019, 12:19 PM
miss the T2 show. idk how things will appeal to me..andddd lets see Disneys response

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2019, 04:39 PM
miss the T2 show. idk how things will appeal to me..andddd lets see Disneys response
I'm not sure Disney feels the need to respond... They are redoing Epcot, so that will practically be a new park (BTW watch for details at D23!!!)... They have Galaxy's Edge opening.... The Star Wars hotel is vertical... 2021 will feature the 50th celebration, maybe lasting into 2022... I think after the 50th, Disney will go into a slight lull... 2023 and into 2024 is Universal's time to shine with their new theme park, possibly new hotel next to the theme park, and new entertainment district much like CityWalk...

By 2025 Disney will be ready to go big again...

texas211
07-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Universal is one of the few reasons I may head back to Orlando. However, let's see what they plan to do. I'd like to see more at SeaWorld too, especially without the Killer Whale show.

DizneyFreak2002
07-28-2019, 06:04 PM
Universal is one of the few reasons I may head back to Orlando. However, let's see what they plan to do. I'd like to see more at SeaWorld too, especially without the Killer Whale show.

I believe SeaWorld is getting a coaster... I could be wrong... I really don't follow SeaWorld...

barnaby
07-29-2019, 02:01 PM
August 1.... Just one week away from, new park announcement??????????

Fingers crossed....

Rumored new park, where is that going in relation to the existing parks/City Walk?

We went for the first time this past May and I'm definitely hooked :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
07-29-2019, 06:44 PM
Rumored new park, where is that going in relation to the existing parks/City Walk?

We went for the first time this past May and I'm definitely hooked :thumbsup:

The new park will be a few miles down the road... I want to say somewhere between 2 to 4 miles... At a plot of land across from the Convention Center...

Universal released a little teaser about the August 1st announcement simply saying something EPIC is coming.. They put EPIC in bold and caps... I'm thinking EPIC may be the name of the new park.. Universal's Epic Adventures...

Cinderelley
08-02-2019, 06:48 PM
The new park will be a few miles down the road... I want to say somewhere between 2 to 4 miles... At a plot of land across from the Convention Center...

Universal released a little teaser about the August 1st announcement simply saying something EPIC is coming.. They put EPIC in bold and caps... I'm thinking EPIC may be the name of the new park.. Universal's Epic Adventures...

Well, you were right about Epic being in the name.

DizneyFreak2002
08-02-2019, 11:58 PM
Well, you were right about Epic being in the name.
Only cause their announcement of an announcement said something EPIC coming LOL...

Looking at the concept art... I believe we can see Nintendoland, Classic Monsters, one heck of a gorgeous hub... the hotel exiting right into the park, Fantastic Beasts and How to Train Your Dragon... The coaster in the bottom right is a dueling HTTYD coaster... And also, looks like a Pokemon area...

There are also two expansion pads...

Cinderelley
08-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Only cause their announcement of an announcement said something EPIC coming LOL...

Looking at the concept art... I believe we can see Nintendoland, Classic Monsters, one heck of a gorgeous hub... the hotel exiting right into the park, Fantastic Beasts and How to Train Your Dragon... The coaster in the bottom right is a dueling HTTYD coaster... And also, looks like a Pokemon area...

There are also two expansion pads...

I can't figure out what is what. When you are looking at the hotel (which I presume is the giant building in the upper right of the pictures), what is the pretty purplish area in the upper left? That's where I want to go. :)

I'm still hoping for a Legend of Zelda area.

baldburke
08-05-2019, 12:29 PM
The problem with Universal is that the IP for nearly all of their attractions is owned by other studios and companies.

Their biggest franchise the The Fast & The Furious. Warner owns Harry Potter. Disney now owns Marvel and The Simpsons and I'm sure they will want to lock down those licenses sooner than later. So what does that leave Universal beside continuing to license from other studios and companies?

I'm super excited for the Comcast Customer Support Attraction! It takes up to five hours to load while putting you through an endless menu of options that you'll never get to experience only to be tortured with terrible support for 90 seconds once on board. Yay Comcast!

DizneyFreak2002
08-05-2019, 07:00 PM
I can't figure out what is what. When you are looking at the hotel (which I presume is the giant building in the upper right of the pictures), what is the pretty purplish area in the upper left? That's where I want to go. :)

I'm still hoping for a Legend of Zelda area.

OK looking from the hotel...

Top left if Classic Universal Monsters: land as of now has at least 1 attraction and a show, that large theater in the concept art... The show building looks to be hidden inside the mountains and is rumored to be a Haunted Mansion style ride featuring the Universal Monsters... There is also a small expansion pad for Monsters...

Bottom left: Nintendo.... Top portion is Donkey Kong with the mine cart coaster... bottom section is Mario, with the castle... Large building there is the ride building for Mario Kart... There is another building, smaller show building right off to the side Mario...not sure what that is, maybe a restaurant??? Shops??? Meet and greets???

Between Classic Monsters and Nintendo, that tree area is a future expansion pad rumored to be for Nintendo, and likely Pokemon...

The hub looks futuristic, maybe sort of spacey (not Kevin Spacey!!)... Looks like there are shops, restaurants, the glass dome in the lagoon looks to be a restaurant... Appears to be a carousel looking object there as well... The park entrance NOT from the hotel will take you to this hub... and II love they decided to do hub and spoke.. These hub and spoke layouts are much easier to navigate...

From there, bottom right is the How to Train Your Dragon area... This land will have several flat rides, mostly kiddie, along with family friendly rides... One ride is rumored to be a flying dragon attraction similar to Fight of Passage... Another rumored attraction is a roller coaster themed to the nines like Hagid's in IOA, but more tame and family friendly... Also rumored, a boat attraction possible a mini flume...

From there we see a dueling coaster... This may or may not be IP related... and shouldn't be attached to HTTYD... The roller coaster is another hub attraction....

Moving on up from the dueling coaster, we come across the Mission Space looking building... No idea what this is... Could be a theater, could be a restaurant... could be another attraction... Behind the Mission Space looking building is another huge expansion pad, not rumored to be for anything right now... And across from Mission Space building is what looks like a venue with a restaurant, performance hall, and cafe????

Final land will be Fantastic Beasts... yes more wizarding world without Potter... No news on if this will be themed to Britain, France or NYC... If you look to the far right, you will see two huge show builds... These buildings will house two E ticket attractions... No news or rumors as to what... I will assume, and I could be wrong with my assumption, one will be us entering Newt's suitcase on some adventure....

Then obviously we are back at the hotel... The lagoon with the fountain will be a Bilagio style fountain show with possible seating for people looking to rest and just watch the fountains do their thing...

And the area what i thought looked like Pokemon, by the Monsters area isn't pokemon... no idea what it is but it looks like another piece of hub entertainment...

What I think is cool about this park is... When we enter the lands, we are entering through portals.... Portals that take us inside epic universes... Hence the logo, a portal... Think Stargate....

DizneyFreak2002
08-05-2019, 07:01 PM
What wasn't announced is, across from Universal Way, kind of across from the back of Nintendo land, will be a new themed hotel... and the theme??? Nintendo of course...

Cinderelley
08-05-2019, 07:49 PM
OK looking from the hotel...

From there, bottom right is the How to Train Your Dragon area... This land will have several flat rides, mostly kiddie, along with family friendly rides... One ride is rumored to be a flying dragon attraction similar to Fight of Passage... Another rumored attraction is a roller coaster themed to the nines like Hagid's in IOA, but more tame and family friendly... Also rumored, a boat attraction possible a mini flume...

What I think is cool about this park is... When we enter the lands, we are entering through portals.... Portals that take us inside epic universes... Hence the logo, a portal... Think Stargate....

Lol. This part had my daughter jumping up and down and screaming for joy.

I'm kind've sad there isn't a Legend of Zelda area, but so far everything else sounds pretty awesome.
I can't believe how pretty the coloring is in the art. I hope it stays like that when they build it.

texas211
08-06-2019, 08:28 AM
The problem with Universal is that the IP for nearly all of their attractions is owned by other studios and companies.

Their biggest franchise the The Fast & The Furious. Warner owns Harry Potter. Disney now owns Marvel and The Simpsons and I'm sure they will want to lock down those licenses sooner than later. So what does that leave Universal beside continuing to license from other studios and companies?

I'm super excited for the Comcast Customer Support Attraction! It takes up to five hours to load while putting you through an endless menu of options that you'll never get to experience only to be tortured with terrible support for 90 seconds once on board. Yay Comcast!

Its SOP. I don't feel its entirely different than what disney has done. They bought the ideas, content of Marvel, then cranked out the movies. They bought the SW franchise, then cranked out even more horrible films.

I'd like Universal to buy Star Trek, and then see ST Federation. However, they'd probably just build junk like from Discovery, or the trainwreck JJ films, etc.

I believe SeaWorld is getting a coaster... I could be wrong... I really don't follow SeaWorld...

I'm not looking for more thrill rides, but rather experiences or rides that are truly Seasworld/educational/etc.

I'm kind've sad there isn't a Legend of Zelda area, but so far everything else sounds pretty awesome.
I can't believe how pretty the coloring is in the art. I hope it stays like that when they build it.

Your Daughter or you?

DizneyFreak2002
08-06-2019, 11:23 AM

That's awesome she loved hearing that... Just please remember, these are rumors... nothing is confirmed until Universal confirms it... and even then, nothing is set in stone til actually built...

baldburke
08-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Its SOP. I don't feel its entirely different than what disney has done. They bought the ideas, content of Marvel, then cranked out the movies. They bought the SW franchise, then cranked out even more horrible films.

Horrible SW films may be a matter of opinion. I agree that TLJ was an abysmal mess, but we're getting good vibes from ROS coming this December. TFA was a fun nostalgia ride, but Rogue On may be the crowning jewel of the franchise thus far. Solo could have been about 30 minutes shorter, but I liked the concept and was super stoked to see Opie reunited with Lucas and Ford over the film.

That said, Disney paid just over $4B for SW in 2012 and the four films since have box office receipts of nearly $5B. They also paid just over $4B for Marvel back in and those 16 films since have box office receipts of over $18B. Finally, Disney paid just over $7B for Pixar in 2006 and their receipts since have been over $10B on 14 films. And that's just the box office receipts, not to mention all the licensing fees, parks tie-ins and upcoming Disney+ series that will yield subscribers. Sure, Marvel is the super star, but pretty solid investments overall!

texas211
08-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Horrible SW films may be a matter of opinion. I agree that TLJ was an abysmal mess, but we're getting good vibes from ROS coming this December. TFA was a fun nostalgia ride, but Rogue On may be the crowning jewel of the franchise thus far. Solo could have been about 30 minutes shorter, but I liked the concept and was super stoked to see Opie reunited with Lucas and Ford over the film.

That said, Disney paid just over $4B for SW in 2012 and the four films since have box office receipts of nearly $5B. They also paid just over $4B for Marvel back in and those 16 films since have box office receipts of over $18B. Finally, Disney paid just over $7B for Pixar in 2006 and their receipts since have been over $10B on 14 films. And that's just the box office receipts, not to mention all the licensing fees, parks tie-ins and upcoming Disney+ series that will yield subscribers. Sure, Marvel is the super star, but pretty solid investments overall!

So again, Universal is doing what Disney is doing, buying a lot of content.

Cinderelley
08-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Your Daughter or you?

Lol. My daughter. Now if it was LoZ, that would be me.

Cinderelley
08-06-2019, 08:12 PM
That's awesome she loved hearing that... Just please remember, these are rumors... nothing is confirmed until Universal confirms it... and even then, nothing is set in stone til actually built...

Yeah, I warned her.

Cinderelley
08-06-2019, 08:14 PM

I can see Pixar and Marvel continuing to rake in the money. I think Star Wars did that well because people expected it to be like the old Star Wars. I don't think it will continue unless they change the way they do the movies. I know A LOT of die hard Star Wars fans who aren't really interested in seeing another Star Wars movie that Disney makes.

1DisneyNut
08-07-2019, 10:45 AM
I can see Pixar and Marvel continuing to rake in the money. I think Star Wars did that well because people expected it to be like the old Star Wars. I don't think it will continue unless they change the way they do the movies. I know A LOT of die hard Star Wars fans who aren't really interested in seeing another Star Wars movie that Disney makes.

I am in that camp. I am a huge fan of the original Star Wars concept. These new ones I can't watch. I make only make it about 10 or 15 minutes in and lose interest.

baldburke
08-07-2019, 12:32 PM

I guess I'd have to say the jury is still out on this one. This December's film will mark the end of the third trilogy and effectively the end of the Skywalker story. After that Disney has plans for additional SW movies in 2022, 2024 and 2026. Maybe another trilogy? Maybe three more stand alone titles. I'm sure Disney has already made their money back on SW and will continue to rake in money despite what your vast number of die hard SW fan friends may think. It's a great property to own!

Cinderelley
08-08-2019, 01:17 AM
I guess I'd have to say the jury is still out on this one. This December's film will mark the end of the third trilogy and effectively the end of the Skywalker story. After that Disney has plans for additional SW movies in 2022, 2024 and 2026. Maybe another trilogy? Maybe three more stand alone titles. I'm sure Disney has already made their money back on SW and will continue to rake in money despite what your vast number of die hard SW fan friends may think. It's a great property to own!

They will continue to make money for a while based on the name alone. I am not sure it will continue for 3 more generations though.

baldburke
08-08-2019, 12:15 PM
They will continue to make money for a while based on the name alone. I am not sure it will continue for 3 more generations though.

Yep! Pop culture is a relatively recent phenomenon, basically just about a century old. Heck, maybe old Walt even started it with Mickey Mouse in 1928. With Hollywood basically at a loss for new ideas and rock & roll essentially already dead. Professional sports seem to be hanging on despite their dings with politics, officiating and athlete safety. However, it should be interesting to see what our great grand kids interest is in things like Mickey Mouse, Stark Trek, Bruce Springsteen or the New England Patriots. Let alone going to visit a theme park when you might be able to have an even better experience in your own living room. Who knows?

texas211
08-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Yep! Pop culture is a relatively recent phenomenon, basically just about a century old. Heck, maybe old Walt even started it with Mickey Mouse in 1928. With Hollywood basically at a loss for new ideas and rock & roll essentially already dead. Professional sports seem to be hanging on despite their dings with politics, officiating and athlete safety. However, it should be interesting to see what our great grand kids interest is in things like Mickey Mouse, Stark Trek, Bruce Springsteen or the New England Patriots. Let alone going to visit a theme park when you might be able to have an even better experience in your own living room. Who knows?

No, it will all change with Zefram Cochrans first warp jump in about 35 years.

Cinderelley
08-10-2019, 07:04 PM
With Hollywood basically at a loss for new ideas and rock & roll essentially already dead. . . or the New England Patriots

Right? Like Disney just making live action remakes or Frozen 2 instead of coming up with new animated movie ideas. How the Cowboys have always been "America's Team", but you mention the New England Patriots. Is Bruce Springsteen even a thing now? I don't hear "Born in the USA" played anywhere. Star Trek will probably live on, unless someone comes along and makes their fans unhappy.

texas211
08-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Star Trek will probably live on, unless someone comes along and makes their fans unhappy.

Too late, they've done that.