PDA

View Full Version : Previous Magic Bands - New Park Tickets

SleepinB
07-26-2019, 01:13 PM
I have Magic Bands from a previous trip and have purchased new park tickets through a non-Disney vacation package. The tickets have been linked to my MDE account. Am I correct that these new tickets will now be linked to the Magic Bands on my account. Also, If I have more than one Magic Band assigned to a guest, which Magic Band will the new tickets link to?

Thanks for the help.

Tink1
07-26-2019, 02:32 PM
Yes, the tickets, once put into your My Disney Experience account, will work on any working active band that the person has in their account.

Nanc

ThanxForNoticin
07-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Keep in mind, your MDE account is the source from which everything is coordinated. Your Magic Band doesn't link to your tickets, it links to your account.

So if you have tickets linked in your account, and you have Magic Bands linked to the account, you can use those Magic Bands to enter the park. Your room reservation, fast passes, dining reservations, and credit card charging are also coordinated through your MDE account.

In some ways, I equate an MDE account to a bank account. If you have your money in the account, you might have multiple debit cards that you and your family can use at an ATM to access the same bank account. The Magic Bands have access to the things linked in your MDE account. So 'old' Magic Bands or new Magic Bands should work, as long as they are active and the batteries are working! Hope that helps.

1DisneyNut
07-26-2019, 04:02 PM
ThanksforNoticin explained it pretty well. Everything is actually on your MDE account and magic bands are just used to access that information. We have collected magic bands of most of the original colors through our multiple trips and we carry all of them with us most of the time. We also have a special edition that we bought from one of the gift shops that we use sometimes. We can switch colors if we want or if one decides to quit working (dead battery) we can just switch to one of the others and move along seamlessly.