PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon

mydisneygirls
07-17-2019, 09:41 AM
Which do you prefer and why? Also, I can imagine that walking around in bare feet would be very hot in August. Do people wear water shoes or sandals....I mean when you walk to an attraction.

faline
07-17-2019, 11:19 AM
I used to prefer Typhoon Lagoon but now I think I like Blizzard Beach better. If you like big waves, I'd go with Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach's waves seem gentler to me. We typically stick to the big pool and the lazy river. I do wear water shoes when I go to the water park - not so much for the temperature of the ground (though that can get hot) but because it is easy to scrape your feet on the bottom of the pools - particularly the wave pool.

ThanxForNoticin
07-17-2019, 12:29 PM
I think we'd lean 51-49 toward BB, mostly because they have some really fun body and 'mat' slides. The toboggan run is a lot of fun with a group. We do find that BB tends to have us doing a bit more climbing of stairs to get to where we want to go. They do have the ski lift that will take you up the 'mountain', but that's a slow-mover and can create a long line.

Both are a lot of fun. Water shoes can save your feet some pain!

mydisneygirls
07-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Thank you. Your responses were most helpful! I think I'd prefer the smaller waves! And water shoes it is.

Buttercup
07-18-2019, 07:23 PM
I like Typhoon Lagoon for the theming. It's all 50's and 60's beach party music (think Beach Boys and Jan & Dean!). I like the tropical feeling of the whole resort, and I like how you can find some tropical jungle like quiet spots around the park. Blizzard Beach is great too but it just feels more "cartoony", if that makes sense? The buildings look like they're from a colourful cartoon and the alligator character's pic is everywhere. It's fine -- like I said, I just prefer Typhoon Lagoon.
And oh my gosh yes, water shoes FOR SURE! The bottoms of the pools and lazy river can sometimes have rough concrete. I've scraped my toes a couple times in a big wave or walking along the bottom of the lazy river. And you're right -the concrete DOES get hot. You don't want to have to skip from puddle to puddle! :D