PDA

View Full Version : Opening Annouced for Rise of the Resistance

Fangorn
07-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Disney has announced the opening date for Rose of the Resistance in both Disneyland and WDW, with the opening in DHS on December 5, followed by the Disneyland version opening on January 17, 2020.

... Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open Dec. 5 at Walt Disney World Resort. If this date sounds familiar, many of our fans will recognize it as Walt Disney’s birthday. What better way to honor the ultimate storyteller than by introducing the most immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined in a Disney Park.

When it opens, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will blur the lines between fantasy and reality and will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. Guests will be recruited to join Rey and General Organa at a secret base. Along the way, they will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer. With the help of some heroes of the Resistance, they break out and must escape the Star Destroyer, protect the secret base, and stay one step ahead of Kylo Ren.

As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.

Speculation is that an issue in getting the ride operational required some sort of construction rework at Disneyland. Work that likely hadn't been done at DHS yet. Resulting in the openings flipping from the expected schedule.

Steve

Figment!
07-11-2019, 07:20 PM
In addition to the opening announcement above, the official "attraction poster" has been released:

DizneyFreak2002
07-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Love the poster... Ride better be good...

texas211
07-12-2019, 05:55 PM
The first available fast pass is sometime in 2046.

DizneyFreak2002
07-14-2019, 11:45 AM
Some info as to the ride and why the delay in Disneyland... Ride is supposed to be trackless and on two levels... Apparently, during construction and ride testing, major issues were found... Mostly with the elevator potion, which, is speculated to be a portion of the ride where you are dropping when in reality the elevator is taking you down to the lower floor... Since construction was months ahead in California, they had to go in and reconstruction and fix the issues... In WDW, since they were behind already, no reconstruction was needed, so the fix was already in place...

Everything about this ride sounds awesome... I can't wait for it to finally open, reviews pour in, videos hit the web, and I get to experience it for myself!!!

PopPhan
07-15-2019, 08:50 AM
Love the poster... Ride better be good...

Just kidding a bit......

Or what???? What will you do if the ride is not good (by your standards)???

You will either ride it or you won't. You may complain on social media boards. You may threaten not to visit ever again.

The ride will be what it is -- Something good? Something bad? A bit of both? (Thank you Guardians of the Galaxy!!)

ThanxForNoticin
07-15-2019, 04:05 PM
Has anyone even heard a hint (or perhaps want to venture a guess) as to when they might start offering FP+ for the 2 new Star Wars attractions? I have not seen anything. Since they've redone the tiers at HS in advance of these attractions, it makes me wonder if perhaps once they are BOTH open if they might not start offering them as tier 1 FP+ attractions. Or will they go old-school with first come first serve at the Star Wars attractions for the near future?

Even with the popularity of Flight Of Passage, at least they did open FOP and Navi up to fast passes. But I guess Galaxy's Edge and ROTR are kind of unprecedented territory for Disney. For as popular as Pandora and FOP have been, seems like Star Wars will be much bigger. But if they do decide to allow guests to book FP+, I hope they give at least 60+ days notice!

DizneyFreak2002
07-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Just kidding a bit......

You will either ride it or you won't. You may complain on social media boards. You may threaten not to visit ever again.

The ride will be what it is -- Something good? Something bad? A bit of both? (Thank you Guardians of the Galaxy!!)

I'm going to stomp my feet, stick out my tongue, and say Disney ruined my childhood!!!

Now to be serious, I am not worried about this ride... Disney is pulling out all the stops on this one... I believe it will be top notch... I remember saying a little while back I am very happy with the projects in the pipeline, and so far, every one of them have met my expectations... I believe this one will too...

Goofy4TheWorld
07-16-2019, 11:07 PM
We just moved our dates back a few weeks because we were scheduled to be there opening day. No way do I want to be within 47* square miles of that!

*47 before greedy CEOs sold out, 40 now!

texas211
07-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Just kidding a bit......

I'm going to stomp my feet, stick out my tongue, and say Disney ruined my childhood!!!

Now to be serious, I am not worried about this ride... Disney is pulling out all the stops on this one... I believe it will be top notch... I remember saying a little while back I am very happy with the projects in the pipeline, and so far, every one of them have met my expectations... I believe this one will too...

It has to be better than any of the last several Star Wars movies.

Cinderelley
07-18-2019, 12:25 AM
Is it really that great though? Why isn't Disney so flooded with people that they don't have to offer discounts or are turning people away at Disneyland daily?

texas211
07-18-2019, 09:23 AM
I'm not that excited about it. SW has changed so much, the story and many other aspects that made the first several movies great, has been decimated. So, I don't really care about SW land, or all the Marvel hooplah. Its also not the feel good stuff that disney used to be based on.

Losing Maelstrom has made me bitter.

CaptSmee
07-19-2019, 11:31 AM
Oh boy...we arrive the week after opening! Hello massive crowds!