PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Magic Bands... thoughts?

dizneydeb22
07-02-2019, 03:16 PM
What are your thoughts on the discounted Magic Band upgrade? Has anyone done it? We always stay with the standard bands, but now that they are $10 I'm undecided. I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

PopPhan
07-02-2019, 03:38 PM
They are extremely popular. As soon as stock is announced, they sell out. Last batch, I heard, sold out in 30 minutes.

Haven't tried it myself, but I don't have any trips planned in the near future.....

faline
07-02-2019, 03:43 PM
At the price, I would be interested but I can't seem to hit it when there is stock available. I select bands only to be told my sale can't be completed. I'm only selecting bands I'm interested in - not interested in buying a band I don't like "just because".

Katzateer
07-03-2019, 07:02 AM
I have given up trying to order. I wasn’t super excited about them but wanted to get the dole whip one for my daughter. Spending way too many mornings trying to get one. I am afraid this is the future of WDW ordering and planning. Way too much work and I get exhausted trying to plan a relaxing few days at WDW. Remember the old days.....we just went

Dulcee
07-03-2019, 08:11 AM
I contemplated ordering some for our upcoming trip a few times but every time talked myself out of them. Just wasn't worth the $40 for our family in my opinion.

Zippy 1
07-03-2019, 09:47 AM
While it took a couple attempts to get them ordered I was able to order the ones we wanted. They are showing they shipped and should be here any time. I like having something a little different. But if I had not be able to get them it would not have been a big deal

faline
07-03-2019, 11:07 AM
As a follow-up - last evening I was able to secure an order for the band I wanted but was not able to get one of the two bands my spouse is interested in.

Itchy
07-03-2019, 01:09 PM
I was able to score mine on the first try when they were first released. Lucky I guess. My daughters still have not gotten the upgrades they wanted.

What if Disney would allow you to go to the Disney Store and purchase at the discounted price. If they would allow it you would need to provide your reservation confirmation number to get the discount. Who knows while at the store website folks may buy more stuff. A win for them and us..

Just my thought...:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-03-2019, 09:31 PM
I gave up trying to order, since they were always out of stock. Instead I ordered another set of the MB "stickers" I've been using for the last couple of years with great success - and a few dollars cheaper.

Imalismom
07-04-2019, 01:13 PM
I have the Mickey Mouse Magic Keepers Lanyard Medal - it hangs from my keychain. I have the Beauty and the beast fob in it, so it makes the turnstile lights turn pretty pastel colors. I do not like wearing the magic band on my wrist at all, so this works just great for me, so no, I would never order the $10 upgrade :) -- purchasing the one I did was enough for me.

dizneydeb22
07-08-2019, 01:33 PM
What if Disney would allow you to go to the Disney Store and purchase at the discounted price. If they would allow it you would need to provide your reservation confirmation number to get the discount. Who knows while at the store website folks may buy more stuff. A win for them and us..

Just my thought...:mickey:[/QUOTE]

I would love that! We're probably not going to order them for this trip though.

PopPhan
07-08-2019, 03:07 PM

Just my thought...:mickey:

I would love that! We're probably not going to order them for this trip though.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice, but that would mean that they would have to have a LOT more in stock. There are a lot of Disney Store locations around the country!! I don't think they really want to have, almost literally, thousands of each option spread out through the Disney Store locations.

FenwayGirl
07-12-2019, 10:08 AM
We got lucky and we were able to order them on the first day they were released. They were shipped immediately. Now to put them somewhere that I can find them in November :)

PopPhan
07-12-2019, 11:37 AM
We got lucky and we were able to order them on the first day they were released. They were shipped immediately. Now to put them somewhere that I can find them in November :)

You mean you don't have a Disney drawer somewhere? LOL I have a 'special' drawer that holds all my Disney (WDW/DL) paraphenalia -- MagicBands, maps, old tickets (cards), etc. [Actually, I am up to a couple drawers now, but who's counting?!?!?!!!!] One specific are to look for anything trip related -- past or future.

KODABEAR
07-16-2019, 05:27 PM
Its getting easier to complete an order. Got our AP ones coming next week. :mickey: