PDA

View Full Version : Could Disney's New "Virtual Queue" Replace FASTPASS?

Figment!
06-22-2019, 11:46 AM
The Disneyland resort has introduced a queue process instead of FASTPASS for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and is also expected to be implemented at Disney's Hollwyood Studios:

This new queue method has started some speculation if this could be beginning to test this method as an alternative to the FASTPASS/MAXPASS/FASTPASS+ programs; rather than a one time crowd control method for a popular land.

It is of note that Star Wars Galaxy's Edge on both coasts will not (at least initially) participate in either local FASTPASS programs. While this program may be intended to be mutually exclusive, it is at least of some significance that a company so previously invested in its FASTPASS programs has chosen this new method rather than using the current FASTPASS programs for any of the attractions or the land itself.

1DisneyNut
06-22-2019, 12:21 PM
This is pretty significant in my opinion. This is basically exactly what I have been hoping for considering how terrible FP+ is to deal with. It appears you have to be physically in the park and request a "boarding pass." This would completely eliminate all of the pre-planning that is required with FP+. This is more like show up at the park of your choice and get in a virtual queue if I understand correctly.

texas211
06-22-2019, 06:33 PM
To me, this just changes the problem. Now, you have the uncertainty of the trip, and now play w/ FP the day of.
I saw somewhere they may have a pay option that allows you more head of line movement. This may be some flavor of that. I'm more interested in that. I like the Universal system.

texas211
06-22-2019, 06:34 PM
To me, this just changes the problem. Now, you have the uncertainty of the trip, and now play w/ FP the day of.
I saw somewhere they may have a pay option that allows you more head of line movement. This may be some flavor of that. I'm more interested in that. I like the Universal system.