PDA

View Full Version : AP Question

MrPeetrie
06-17-2019, 08:18 AM
It has been a few years since I purchased an annual pass. In the past, you had to go purchase your voucher, and take your voucher to customer service and get your photograph taken before you can actually use your pass and activate its start date. Is it still the same way? Or does it become activated on our magic bands the first time we enter the park?

PopPhan
06-17-2019, 08:47 AM
Currently, there are no photographs taken for WDW APs. You purchase the AP and it goes on your MDE account. First time you enter a park, the AP gets activated.

I could, however, be wrong because I had upgraded an existing MYW ticket inside EPCOT at Guest Relations....

magicofdisney
06-17-2019, 09:36 AM
I've been getting an AP since 2004, and I've never had a photo taken. I'm a local, so not sure if that matters.

PopPhan
06-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Disneyland has the photos on the pass, but they have photos on ALL tickets (at least when I was last there in 2015)...Mainly because they do not use the MagicBands.

faline
06-17-2019, 12:43 PM
I think I had to show proof of identification the last time I renewed my annual pass but no photo was taken. I think the process is still the same for a new annual pass (non-renewal) in that you get a voucher which you bring to one of the guest relations locations to activate. When activating your annual pass, you are provided with an annual pass card. Typically, you magic band will be associated with, and initiated with your hotel reservation. When you add your ticket information to MyDisneyExperience, it will be associated with any active magic bands you may have. If you do not have Disney room reservations, I believe your annual pass will entitle you to order magic bands through the MyDisneyExperience site.

Zippy 1
06-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Once you purchase the AP voucher you will need to activate it at guest relations at any park. I just did this in May. They will want to see your drivers license and will give you your AP card. It took 5 minutes for us

Dulcee
06-18-2019, 07:42 AM
AP prices jumped, a lot, last night after Disney announced previews of Star Wars Land for AP Holders. You should double check prices if you haven't...

MrPeetrie
06-18-2019, 07:54 AM
Does it become linked to my magic band? Or do I need to use the AP pass for park entry?

PopPhan
06-18-2019, 08:33 AM
Does it become linked to my magic band? Or do I need to use the AP pass for park entry?

Everything gets linked to your MagicBand/MDE account. Some places still want to see the card to give you any discounts, so it is always good to have it on hand, just in case.

Zippy 1
06-19-2019, 12:48 PM
As Bud stated it will be linked to your magic band. TO use the discounts you will need to show your AP card and your photo ID. We had to do this every time we used the discounts on our trip a couple weeks ago

Fangorn
06-19-2019, 03:32 PM
While you do have to "activate" an AP, Guest Relations is no longer the only place where you can do that. APs can be activated at GR or at any open ticket booth at any park (including the water parks).

Steve

MrPeetrie
06-20-2019, 02:12 PM
Thanks, everyone. Great information.

PopPhan
06-20-2019, 02:49 PM
AP prices jumped, a lot, last night after Disney announced previews of Star Wars Land for AP Holders. You should double check prices if you haven't...

Just an FYI....If you are a member of Sam's Club, you can get Annual Passes at a SUBSTANTIAL discount!!! Put in my order today and got a Platinum Annual Pass (everything but water parks) for $924.78 taxes included. The "voucher" can be held on to until 2030 without activation, at which point it becomes good for one calendar year (i.e. Annual!) (Not that anyone would wait THAT long to activate it!!! LOL)

Goofy4TheWorld
07-14-2019, 11:42 PM
Just an FYI....If you are a member of Sam's Club, you can get Annual Passes at a SUBSTANTIAL discount!!! Put in my order today and got a Platinum Annual Pass (everything but water parks) for $924.78 taxes included. The "voucher" can be held on to until 2030 without activation, at which point it becomes good for one calendar year (i.e. Annual!) (Not that anyone would wait THAT long to activate it!!! LOL)

Wow, I didn't realize Sam's sold tickets. I have bought $500 gift cards to pay for all my Disney trips, but never knew they sold tickets.

Of course I will NEVER have APs again, but it's still nice to know.

PopPhan
07-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Wow, I didn't realize Sam's sold tickets. I have bought $500 gift cards to pay for all my Disney trips, but never knew they sold tickets.

Of course I will NEVER have APs again, but it's still nice to know.

Online sales only, though.