PDA

View Full Version : Conservation Station Animation Experience Begins This Summer

Figment!
06-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Disney's Animal Kingdom has announced a new animation experience to explore beginning this July:

Inspired by Walt Disney’s own passion for ensuring his animators could develop realistic characters and settings by spending time with animals, we’ll be launching The Animation Experience at Conservation Station, offering our guests the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from this beloved “tail.”

You’ll learn more about some of the animals who call our park home and then have the chance to create a personalized piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class. As you’d expect, some of your favorite characters from “The Lion King” will be the stars of The Animation Experience, which will start when Rafiki’s Planet Watch reopens on July 11.

Come learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and more. Each session will be different so be sure to visit often to complete the collection. Disney FastPass+ Service will be offered for the experience.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-12-2019, 10:48 PM
That will be an interesting addition. I remember the "old" drawing class at DHS, crazy that this one needs FP+!

Cinderelley
06-13-2019, 05:54 AM
They are really getting into this make your own art thing.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-15-2019, 11:08 PM
I have no artistic talent at all, and dropped out of Engineering because I couldn't draw a straight line without a ruler, but I always REALLY enjoyed the drawing experience at MGM. In my office hangs my last drawing from 2010, and I really do miss it. I'm looking forward to the reboot!

Dulcee
06-19-2019, 02:26 PM
We are very excited for this! We loved the one in hollywood studios and I was so bummed when it was gone. I grabbed one of the fast passes for this because we had a flexible one for AK anyway and I remember the waits for the one at Hollywood Studios could become long.