PDA

View Full Version : The Land and Seas

Park Hopper
05-29-2019, 09:13 AM
So, I hesitate to even post this but there are rumors going around on other sites that there are future plans for the Land and Seas pavilions at Epcot to be eventually demolished. I always have much more faith in some of the people that post information here than at those other sites. Has anyone heard anything?

I apologize if this is being discussed elsewhere.

Thanks

Figment!
05-29-2019, 11:39 AM
This rumour has recently started to circulate the internet.

The rumour appears to be grounded in Operations Documents that indicate an end to operating the Land and Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions sometime in the middle of the next decade.

Most of the pundit's extrapolation of the information available seems to be a little bit premature in that extensions could always be made to existing Operational Plans. There has also been no insight shared on how often these types of "expirations" come up internally and what the ends results typically are.

On the whole, the future for Epcot is murky at best right now as the park is in the midst of a publicly announced multi-phase re-imagining with out much detail to those phases ... :shrug:

Figment!
05-29-2019, 08:26 PM
For what it's worth, the Walt Disney World resort both directly and indirectly responded to this rumour today.

Through the official twitter account the Resort responded with the following to a Guests's direct question on this rumour:

There are big plans for Epcot ... We do have new pavilions joining, like the play-themed pavilion and the Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster, but The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends are planned to be with us into the future.

They also referred to the Land and the Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions as "staples" in another announcement that would "be joined" by the new pavilions and more new experiences to be announced at the D23 Expo in August.

bleen3162
05-29-2019, 08:39 PM
I have seen the rumors in several places as well and pray they aren't true. The Land and Sea pavilions are two of my favorites. I have spent hours in the Seas pavilion just watching and bring amazed by the fish in the tank. I know, probably think I'm weird but is cool place to relax. So hopefully they are just that, rumors.
I will be at WDW the end of September into first week of October. I will make sure I visit those pavilions. I will also make sure to catch the last Illustrations.

Tekneek
05-29-2019, 09:11 PM
These rumors get feet because, while few probably like the idea, it is easy to believe they just might do something like that. I hope it isn't true, but I also hope they resist the urge to change The Land into a home for some other Pixar/Marvel/etc Disney IP takeover.

texas211
05-29-2019, 11:23 PM
These rumors get feet because, while few probably like the idea, it is easy to believe they just might do something like that. I hope it isn't true, but I also hope they resist the urge to change The Land into a home for some other Pixar/Marvel/etc Disney IP takeover.

Cry havoc, Let slip the dogs of war..

Take my Living w/ the Land, i'm done.

Silvertip309
06-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Considering the amount of revenue generated by DiveQuest, Aqua Tours, and Dolphins in Depth, not to mention the very recent and massive investments in backstage infrastructure of the animal care areas, it would be more than a shock to see The Seas on the chopping block.

texas211
06-08-2019, 03:01 PM
They said the pavilions are part of the plan..

Like the Wonders of Life Pavilion is still up...