PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question

Lpfetzer
05-28-2019, 08:58 PM
I switched hotels from Beach Club to Yacht Club with about 30 days to go. I had already received my ME yellow luggage tags that say Beach Club. Will new tags for Yacht Club be sent to me?

Fangorn
05-28-2019, 11:39 PM
No. Not automatically.

Did your confirmation number actually change when you changed resorts? That's the important question.

If it did not change, then you don't really need to do anything and can use the yellow tags you currently have just fine. Even though they may say Yacht Club on them, that bar code contains your confirmation number and is what is actually used to direct your bags to your room. The words are only there for your benefit (to make you feel somewhat assured your bags will get to your room). No one at DME or at MCO will be reading those tags. If it makes you feel better, you can mark through the resort name with a Sharpie and write in the new resort. Just don't mark through the bar code!

If, for some strange reason the confirmation number DID change, then call DME directly at (866) 599-0951 and have them set up a new reservation and send you new tags.

DON'T call the Disney reservation line - they really won't be able to help you. DME is a separate company with whom Disney contracts for the service. The Disney reservation folks generally don't have a clue about how DME operates and only know how to fill out a form that then gets sent to DME.

Steve

Simba's Mom
06-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Using the Sharpie, as the PP said, is exactly the advice that the DME person gave me when I called them when my waitlist came through and I was at a different hotel after I'd received the yellow tags.

ransam
06-11-2019, 04:27 PM
At the very worst, give the cast member at ME your bag number and they will scan your magic band, and someone will go get your bags and take them to your resort.