PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite way to end your vacation?

Cinderelley
05-17-2019, 08:09 PM
I always like going to MK on our last day to ride PotC, HM, BTMRR and get a mickey bar. If my kids aren't with me, I'll make a dash into Epcot to get some schoolbread to take home to them.

What do you guys do?

Maleficent_vf
05-17-2019, 10:33 PM
We end every trip with one last viewing of Illuminations! Once it's over we wait in World Showcase until the crowds thin out and then leisurely walk/boat ride back to the Boardwalk (our resort of choice). We usually stop and pick up a sweet treat somewhere along the way. It's just so nice in World Showcase at night with no crowds and the music playing...lovely way to end a visit.

bleen3162
05-17-2019, 11:17 PM
My "home " resort is POFQ. The first and last thing I do is get beignets!!!!!!

andypooh
05-18-2019, 08:20 AM
The last morning before we head back home is always in the MK. We hit all our favorites (BTMRR, Buzz, Pooh, Mine Train, Space, Splash, Speedway)

Cinderelley
05-18-2019, 04:58 PM
We end every trip with one last viewing of Illuminations! Once it's over we wait in World Showcase until the crowds thin out and then leisurely walk/boat ride back to the Boardwalk (our resort of choice). We usually stop and pick up a sweet treat somewhere along the way. It's just so nice in World Showcase at night with no crowds and the music playing...lovely way to end a visit.

I would be crying if this is how I always ended my vacation and now they are getting rid of Illuminations.

Cinderelley
05-18-2019, 04:59 PM
My "home " resort is POFQ. The first and last thing I do is get beignets!!!!!!

How does FQ compare to POR. I love POR but never wanted to stay at FQ with those giant masks in the dining room. I hear the masks are gone now.

Cinderelley
05-18-2019, 04:59 PM
The last morning before we head back home is always in the MK. We hit all our favorites (BTMRR, Buzz, Pooh, Mine Train, Space, Splash, Speedway)

My kind of day

buzznwoodysmom
05-18-2019, 06:50 PM
We like to end our vacation with our last evening at MK. We typically make sure to catch the firework show and stay till the park closes. We always end the trip with breakfast at Kona Cafe and a last spin on the monorail.

bleen3162
05-18-2019, 07:17 PM
Cinderelley....I haven't been there since the changes in the food court. I was last there during the rehab of Sassagolla Float Works so I am excited to see the changes. I love POFQ because it is a small and intimate resort. I go often as a solo traveler and love the atmosphere. It is quiet and relaxing. My favorite thing about the resort is that it is a short boat ride to Disney Springs. That's where I usually spend my evenings. I can't wait coz I will be down the last week of September, beginning of October for the Epcot food and wine festival.

Cinderelley
05-18-2019, 09:23 PM
Cinderelley....I haven't been there since the changes in the food court. I was last there during the rehab of Sassagolla Float Works so I am excited to see the changes. I love POFQ because it is a small and intimate resort. I go often as a solo traveler and love the atmosphere. It is quiet and relaxing. My favorite thing about the resort is that it is a short boat ride to Disney Springs. That's where I usually spend my evenings. I can't wait coz I will be down the last week of September, beginning of October for the Epcot food and wine festival.

Let me know what you think of the changes. I have been debating about booking there for a while.

Cinderelley
05-18-2019, 09:24 PM
We like to end our vacation with our last evening at MK. We typically make sure to catch the firework show and stay till the park closes. We always end the trip with breakfast at Kona Cafe and a last spin on the monorail.

Do you feel the pull to go back to MK the next morning after watching the fireworks the night before? I made the executive decision to watch the fireworks from the Poly Beach the night before our last day. Our last day will be at Epcot by popular vote, but I still wanted some MK magic.

texas211
05-19-2019, 03:57 PM
MK, all the way.
End of the day, ,stop by the Emporium shop one last time. Then, stop by the front rail station, look down main street, and head out.

We've also stolen someone's idea on here, and occasionally buy a couple of balloons, and hand them to first parents w/ 1 or 2 kids on their way in.

deedee73
05-19-2019, 08:43 PM
We generally hit MK for the morning and afternoon finishing with the parade and a few final rides. Stopping by the bakery to grab some Mickey treats to hold me for a few days. Then off to get a dole whip walking around Poly. Finishing with a last view of the Electrical Water Pagent and Fireworks while discussing how I could not possibly have any more shrimp or bread pudding at 'Ohana.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cinderelley
05-20-2019, 01:05 AM
MK, all the way.
End of the day, ,stop by the Emporium shop one last time. Then, stop by the front rail station, look down main street, and head out.

We've also stolen someone's idea on here, and occasionally buy a couple of balloons, and hand them to first parents w/ 1 or 2 kids on their way in.

That is an awesome idea. I may have to try this. Although I have seen how my oldest acts when my DSIL gave him a Star Wars balloon. I may not limit it to kids.

Pooh Fan
05-20-2019, 10:26 AM
My best "last day" was at the end of an OKW stay. We took the boat to Downtown Disney (at the time) and picked up some last minute souvenirs, had a nice lunch and rode the ferry boat back to OKW in time for our Tragical Express pickup. It was a nice way to ease out of the magic.

Cinderelley
05-20-2019, 01:49 PM
r Tragical Express

Lol

texas211
05-20-2019, 07:57 PM
That is an awesome idea. I may have to try this. Although I have seen how my oldest acts when my DSIL gave him a Star Wars balloon. I may not limit it to kids.

Well, if someone handed me a balloon I'd be like what....

BrowncatP
05-20-2019, 09:06 PM
Magic Kingdom on the last day. After the fireworks its time to go with the tears in the eyes as I walk down Main Street. Always saying goodbye to Walt for another enjoyable trip to WDW.

Cinderelley
05-21-2019, 07:28 AM
Well, if someone handed me a balloon I'd be like what....

I really need to get you to be like a kid again.

Cinderelley
05-21-2019, 07:29 AM
Magic Kingdom on the last day. After the fireworks its time to go with the tears in the eyes as I walk down Main Street. Always saying goodbye to Walt for another enjoyable trip to WDW.

That last walk is so sad.

texas211
05-21-2019, 09:17 AM
I really need to get you to be like a kid again.

Who says I'm not, like i was when I was a kid? I was an odd kid.

Cinderelley
05-23-2019, 01:49 AM
Who says I'm not, like i was when I was a kid? I was an odd kid.

Alright. I expect you to skip down Main St with me at some point.

MrPeetrie
06-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Just talking about the last day makes me sad. We have ended almost all the trips the same way: we start it very early in the morning at the Magic Kingdom, then take a last monorail trip to Epcot and finish in the World Showcase and watch Illuminations, then shop at MouseGear and head home with tears in our eyes.

One year, I got the bright idea of taking a late airplane trip back so we could have breakfast in the Magic Kingdom and then return to the hotel and get on the bus and go. That was the worst ever! Leaving the Magic Kingdom on a beautiful, sunny day at noon, while thousands of people are pouring in to enjoy their day and we have to go in the other direction and go home was so incredibly sad that we all agreed never again!

disneygirl1976
06-14-2019, 10:29 PM
Always at MK riding our favorite rides and enjoying our Mickey shaped cake pops!

texas211
06-15-2019, 08:33 AM
Alright. I expect you to skip down Main St with me at some point.

Me skip. Ha.

I really like the last day, to be a MK day. With a final stop at the Emporium.

Simba's Mom
06-15-2019, 01:44 PM
I'm following this for ideas. I USED to have a last day strategy-it was to enter the most convenient park, then on the way out be sure to get my hand stamped (so you can guess how long ago that strategy was). That was my way of telling myself and WDW, "I'll be back!" Now I just make sure I get something from WDW to eat on the plane-either a sandwich from BCMarketplace, a pastry from Les Halles, a yummy snack from the Caramel Kuchen, etc.

joonyer
06-18-2019, 11:03 AM
Our last day at a theme park we usually are at MK, lingering through the emporium on the way out after the fireworks for last minute souvenirs. Then the next day (travel day) we go to Downtown Disney (OK Disney Springs, now) for more last chance souvenirs and finally for sundaes at Ghirardelli's just before hitting the road.

dizneydeb22
07-08-2019, 01:46 PM
We usually try to do Magic Kingdom on our last day. That is the plan when we go in August. 38 days and a wake up!:mickey::bar:

PopPhan
07-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Used to take late flights out, so would spend last morning in Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. Now, it seems to be so much of a pain to get back and forth to Disney Springs, I just skip it and get earlier flights out.

Last park day/night....Typically spend morning (early part of the day) in MK, catching anything I missed or want to do again. Afternoon/evening is at EPCOT, specifically World Showcase for food, drinks, and Illuminations. Now that Illuminations is finishing its run, I may have to rethink that and reverse the park order. We shall see what the new show turns out to be like.

Either way, I will be closing a park on my last night! :blush: :party: :D