PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Visit and HOP Observation

RhodeHog
05-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Having been to WDW countless times, I was glad my wife and I could take our 25-year old nephew to MK on Monday. He loved it! Really got the magic. Our kids took him to AK, HS, and Epcot the previous week and I kept asking "Did we hype it too much?" You're never to old to be a kid again.

Also, it was my first time in several trips to go to HoP. I've seen every speech since Reagan. I was VERY pleased that with the large attendance and the normally raucous political discussions no one jeered or cheered Obama and Trump. It stayed very dignified--as it should. Not sure if all shows are that way but I hope most are.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-08-2019, 10:34 PM
My guess is there were two Disney Security officers on either side of the :cop:stage:cop: that probably helped tamp down the rebels!:D

Cinderelley
05-09-2019, 03:52 AM
I think the majority of the population don't really get that wound up about political stuff. It is the really loud minority that gets all the attention.

boornl00
05-09-2019, 09:10 AM
I think the majority of the population don't really get that wound up about political stuff. It is the really loud minority that gets all the attention.

Those of us who don't like Trump don't go right now....that could explain it also.

faline
05-15-2019, 12:09 PM
Let's not turn this discussion into one of politics.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Disney. I have seen the revised Hall of Presidents a few times.