PDA

View Full Version : Do your plans ever just not feel right?

Cinderelley
04-11-2019, 05:52 PM
I've put all our plans on an excel sheet, and everything works. It just doesn't feel like it would flow right. I can't figure out why I feel like that. Does anyone else ever have that problem? I guess it isn't really a problem. It just means that I'll continue the planning until it seems better. :D

texas211
04-11-2019, 09:52 PM
No, b/c I'm that good.

Give me a stop watch, a spreadsheet and a map, and I'll navigate the alps in a plane with no windows.

The numbers don't lie. IF you planned the xls well, you'll be good to go. Have fun!!

TheVBs
04-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Yes! Although I think I mostly get that feeling not because there's a genuine logistical problem, but because we might be doing something a little differently than we normally do. Like not hitting the MK on our first park day. Thankfully, that "wrong" feeling has never played out on the actual trips.

Cinderelley
04-12-2019, 04:58 PM
No, b/c I'm that good.

Give me a stop watch, a spreadsheet and a map, and I'll navigate the alps in a plane with no windows.

The numbers don't lie. IF you planned the xls well, you'll be good to go. Have fun!!

I'll just take you along with me when I go on a safari.

Cinderelley
04-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Yes! Although I think I mostly get that feeling not because there's a genuine logistical problem, but because we might be doing something a little differently than we normally do. Like not hitting the MK on our first park day. Thankfully, that "wrong" feeling has never played out on the actual trips.

I think you nailed it right there. There was a request to just relax the day after we arrive, so I built that into the plans. It's a good idea. I am just used to going to one of the parks. I opened up the excel sheet again and found myself concentrating on the beginning of the trip, so I think that day off is what is nagging at me.

1DisneyNut
04-12-2019, 05:43 PM
My plans for WDW with all the pre-planning FP's and all of that never really feels right because I have no idea months in advance what the weather and crowds are going to be like. I quit worrying about it and just sort of throw it all together. No matter how hard I have tried, as soon as we get there and get in the parks, nothing seems to flow in an efficient logical manner. There is no way to really have enough pertinent information to make all the timing and logistics in advance. The last trip I found myself immediately moving fastpasses around and cancelling and changing dining reservations. I am talking while waiting in the very first line right after park opening at Magic Kingdom on first day I was already modifying everything and continued all the way through the last day. So my advice is to just quit worrying about it and make it all work the best you can when you actually get there.

TheVBs
04-14-2019, 07:58 AM
I think you nailed it right there. There was a request to just relax the day after we arrive, so I built that into the plans. It's a good idea. I am just used to going to one of the parks. I opened up the excel sheet again and found myself concentrating on the beginning of the trip, so I think that day off is what is nagging at me.

That would definitely throw us! I'll bet that's it. Hitting the parks refreshed IS a good idea. We bake that into our arrival day. We drive down and usually arrive around 2-3 in the afternoon. We get settled into our resort, have pizza for dinner, go swimming, and wake up ready to hit the parks. All that matters is that when you look at the rest of the trip, you feel like you're getting enough park time in and hitting those must-dos. It will be a great trip!

texas211
04-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I need the afternoon we arrive to decompress from the travel, and prep mentally for the disney gauntlet.

Usually a cigar or two, some scotch, and I'm good to go.