PDA

View Full Version : How is Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen?

Cinderelley
03-27-2019, 06:14 PM
I'm looking for an alternative to Artist Point in case they keep getting bad reviews at their character meal. Has anyone eaten at the Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen? How was it?

DizneyFreak2002
03-27-2019, 06:44 PM
I'm looking for an alternative to Artist Point in case they keep getting bad reviews at their character meal. Has anyone eaten at the Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen? How was it?
I have... twice... and I loved it... Food was excellent, and the servers, well, they are jungle skippers so expect corny jokes, and if you get a great server, then a lot of interaction... I recommend...

Cinderelley
03-27-2019, 07:04 PM
I have... twice... and I loved it... Food was excellent, and the servers, well, they are jungle skippers so expect corny jokes, and if you get a great server, then a lot of interaction... I recommend...

Thanks. I put it on the spreadsheet. :)

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2019, 08:46 PM
Thanks. I put it on the spreadsheet. :)
I also only have tried the IT TAKES LIKE CHICKEN BECAUSE IT IS... my father had the chicken too, and he gave it a thumbs up...

TheDuckRocks
03-29-2019, 09:22 AM
We have enjoyed eating at Skipper Canteen in the past and will be going back on our next trip.
Loved the S.E.A. Shur Mai and "A Lot at Steak" Salad. The "Hardy Har Char" Siu Pork had great flavor but the pork was very dry. Would not order Orinoco Ida's Cachapas ever again.

Cinderelley
03-29-2019, 04:07 PM
We have enjoyed eating at Skipper Canteen in the past and will be going back on our next trip.
Loved the S.E.A. Shur Mai and "A Lot at Steak" Salad. The "Hardy Har Char" Siu Pork had great flavor but the pork was very dry. Would not order Orinoco Ida's Cachapas ever again.

Glad to hear the "A Lot at Steak" Salad is good. That is probably what I will order.

texas211
03-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Food was okay, but hard for a pickier eater like me to find something that seemed attractive after trekking around WDW. But, easy to get in. Food quality was acceptable.

Cinderelley
03-30-2019, 03:47 PM
Food was okay, but hard for a pickier eater like me to find something that seemed attractive after trekking around WDW. But, easy to get in. Food quality was acceptable.

Texas!!! It's so good to hear from you. I was missing you here on the boards.

TheVBs
03-31-2019, 05:35 PM
We had a wonderful experience there! We all loved our food and our waiter was amazing, and totally in character.

texas211
03-31-2019, 07:43 PM
Texas!!! It's so good to hear from you. I was missing you here on the boards.

Thanks. Not always in the dis mood, or see too much worth responding too.

Katzateer
04-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Went when it first opened and didn’t enjoy the food or the interaction much. Been a few years - glad it is getting good reviews since it sounded like such a fun idea. Love the Jungle Cruise and the corny jokes.

VacationDisney
04-02-2019, 02:07 PM
We went there shortly after it opened. Not one of our favorites. Have no plans, for the near future, to return. I got a fish dish, which is usually what I order, it was extremely bland. It has no flavor.

I did love the atmosphere of the restaurant.

Cinderelley
04-03-2019, 04:05 PM
Sounds like the kids may have to suffer through potentially bland food in order for me to enjoy corny jungle cruise jokes.

texas211
04-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Sounds like the kids may have to suffer through potentially bland food in order for me to enjoy corny jungle cruise jokes.

Well, isn't most of the food bland at WDW. Its all about the experience. Also, the location is convenient.

In fact, thats what drives me offsite, or just has me anxious to come home, lack of good spicy food.

Cinderelley
04-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Well, isn't most of the food bland at WDW. Its all about the experience. Also, the location is convenient.

In fact, thats what drives me offsite, or just has me anxious to come home, lack of good spicy food.

Well, I'm usually not a picky eater, so I enjoy most of the food at Disney. DS1 can be kind've picky. DDIL1 definitely prefers the taste over the experience.

CaptSmee
04-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Terrible! Go elsewhere! (So it’s less crowded for me ��)

Cinderelley
04-11-2019, 01:52 AM
Terrible! Go elsewhere! (So it’s less crowded for me ��)

Lol. I'm gonna go take your seat now. ;)

Simba's Mom
04-15-2019, 10:24 PM
It's interesting that people talk about it being bland. I'd heard that things there were pretty spicy, and since I don't like spicy (as in hot spicy), I was thinking of avoiding it. I've been to Sanaa, Tangerine Cafe-I consider those NOT hot spicy, but I thought this was. No?