PDA

View Full Version : Why no deli type counter service in MK?

minnie-mouse
02-19-2019, 12:48 PM
I am just not a fan of the unhealthy counter service food options at MK. I would love to see a subway-like deli restaurant come in. Maybe a place that sells lean meat and veggie wraps? It would be such a nice change from burgers and fries. Why dont they have such a place yet? Or a nice salad bar place would we wonderful. While I know several places have salads on the menus they are small and usually have odd items in them that we or our kids won’t eat. It’s tough being there for few days and eating junk food options for so many meals. I realize I could just pack my own lunch and bring it with me but when on vacation I don’t want to feel the need to do that. Any thoughts?

mydisneygirls
02-19-2019, 01:33 PM
When I'm on vacation is when I splurge and treat myself to a burger or two as I normally don't eat them. They do have healthier options....Columbia Harbor House has salmon and Cosmic Ray's has a half roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans which is pretty good. Of course, if you order a salad at any place, you can request the items that you or your kids don't like be left off and add the items you do like in its place. You could try ordering some things from Amazon Prime Now (I believe Whole Foods is one of the stores).

buzznwoodysmom
02-20-2019, 11:00 AM
We have found healthier options at MK by having lunch at either Be Our Guest or Columbia Harbor House. We actually rarely have burgers and chicken nuggets when on vacation anywhere! We are always looking for better options.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-20-2019, 05:35 PM
I think/guess it is all about being able to serve a zillion people. The lines for a subway type place, or a make your own pita/salad place would be crazy long ... no matter how they tried to do it. I'm glad that the food options continue to increase though ... no need for burgers/chicken nuggets and fries anymore. (In fact one, trip, we realized on our last day that we WANTED a Disney chicken nugget fix, since we hadn't had any!)

TheDuckRocks
02-24-2019, 09:28 AM
We have been to Disney World over 20 times since our first visit in 2005. More times than not we have used a dining plan which includes Quick service meals. Other than 4 times getting a hamburger at D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs and twice eating a hot dog at Casey's Corner I have not eaten "junk food" from Quick Service locations. Having just returned from a trip I had some really amazing Quick Service meals. A fresh roasted turkey breast sandwich at Sunshine Seasons and Moroccan food at Tangierine Cafe in Epcot. A Lobster Roll at Columbia Harbour House at MK. The options at Disney Springs are wonderful - Wolfgang Puck Express, Morimoto Asian Street Food, The Polite Pig just to name a few. Go to the official Disney website and look at the menus. I feel Disney is really putting effort into making eating at Disney to be as important as any attraction or show now.

Tink1
02-24-2019, 10:27 AM
I am not a burger person and love a good deli sandwich.

As everyone has said, Columbia Harbor House is a great place, I usually get the Tuna Sandwich there. I never order Tuna out, but a Cast member advised me to try it and it became a favorite.

If I really want an deli type sandwich, I head over to the GF Gasparilla Grill for one.

Nanc