PDA

View Full Version : Order of Interest: 2019 Disney/Marvel/Pixar/LucasFilm Movies

PopPhan
02-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Just saw a question on one of my local TV channel's facebook site:

Which Disney movie coming out in 2019 are you most excited for? #SocialSip

Captain Marvel 3/8
Dumbo 3/29
Avengers Endgame: 4/26
Aladdin 5/24
Toy Story 4 6/21
Lion King 7/19
Frozen 2 11/22
Star Wars: Episode IX 12/20

Now, they left out:
Spider-Man Far From Home 7/5
Artemis Fowl 8/9

Here is my Order Of Interest:

Star Wars: Episode IX 12/20
Avengers Endgame: 4/26
Toy Story 4 6/21
Spider-Man Far From Home 7/5
Captain Marvel 3/8
Frozen 2 11/22
Artemis Fowl 8/9 (only because it is new to me)
Aladdin 5/24
Lion King 7/19
Dumbo 3/29

A couple may change, and a couple would be chronologically out of order, but this is INTEREST only. I will actually see them in the order they are released on disk.

Anyone else have thoughts?

BriarRose0708
02-14-2019, 11:31 AM
Avengers 4. It's been a long 10 years of these movies and I'm ready to move on (except for Black Panther, they can make a million of those!).

Lion King & Aladdin - very excited for these! I think they will be better than Beauty and the Beast was.

Captain Marvel - only because it's a stepping stone to Endgame

Spider Man - The new take on Spidey is enjoyable

Artemis Fowl - I read these books ages ago and a film had been in development with Nickelodeon (I think) but never materialized.

Dumbo - The trailers leave me an emotional mess so I'm not subjecting myself to that for 90 minutes

Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4 - They should have left both of these alone.

Star Wars 9 - Meh. I'll be required by Husband to attend but only because I'm contractually obligated

baldburke
02-14-2019, 01:06 PM
I would essentially agree with your order but I might move Captain Marvel closer to the the top. I curious to see what tricks she might have up her sleeve and how they could factor into Endgame. I'm sure I'll see them all, but like you I would probably put the Disney live action remakes on the lower end. They are more of a nice to have than a need to have. I think it's pretty much a given that the Avengers will find a way to reverse the effects of Thanos and the snap, so I guess I'm most interested to see how J.J. Abrams redeems SW after that atrocity that Rain Johnson put forth in TLJ.

DizneyFreak2002
02-14-2019, 07:10 PM
Star Wars 9
Endgame
Toy Story 4
Lion King
Dumbo
Spider-Man
Frozen 2
Captain Marvel - Brie Larson just looks blah in this role
Aladdin - Looks like it could be the first live action remake blunder
Artemis Fowl