PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Access Service Card

motherhamv
02-11-2019, 06:58 PM
My DD has a bad knee injury and requires a DAS card. She tried to explain how it works, but we are unclear about Fast Passes. Can you still use your 3 Fast Passes with the card, or does the card give you a "FP" to the attractions?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-12-2019, 09:17 AM
The DAS allows you to wait in an "alternate" location. After visiting Guest Services, they will activate the DAS for your DD, and link your family to her, so you can all ride together. You will then go to the attraction that she wishes to ride, and the CM will give you a return time. This is usually the standby wait, minus 10 minutes. When that time arrives, your DD, and who is riding with her returns to the attraction and enter the FP line.

However, please note that oftentimes instead of a DAS, Guest Services will recommend a wheelchair for a situation where it may help, such as a bad knee, or other mobility-related challenge. Not saying that will happen, but want you to be prepared that it may be what they suggest, instead of the DAS.

Since you can only have one DAS "wait" active at a time, using your FP's is still important to keeping your overall wait time down.

Enjoy your trip!

Disney4us2
02-13-2019, 06:48 AM
Heather explained it well. For most mobility issues the recomend a wheelchair or scooter. I have a DAS for non mobility issues. I really only use it on certain attractions that I can't get a fast pass for. Being a local, there are no Flight of passage go available. Most times I can get a go the day before I go to a park.