PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Swan or Dolphin resort

almccart
01-31-2019, 08:46 PM
I was thinking about staying at the Swan or Dolphin resort. I will be traveling with my husband and son ( who is almost 8). Any thoughts or suggestions. We usually stay On Disney resorts. Am I going regret not staying at Disney owned resorts?? Is the Swan or Dolphin resort nice?

Jeff
02-01-2019, 06:21 AM
My family has stayed at the Swan many times. It is very nice. It is also true that there is less of a Disney feel but the location is awesome. Any Disney feel you are lacking is only a quick walk away; Fantasia mini golf is just acros the street and Boardwalk is just across a bridge. You can also walk or take a boat to The Studios or to Epcot’s back door. A leisurely walk back to your hotel after Illuminations or Studio fireworks, rather than fighting crowds for busses, makes it all worthwhile.

Drawbacks are; no Magical Express from airport, no charging things in the parks back to your room, (last time we stayed at least, maybe these have changed)

texas211
02-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Feels like staying at a hotel, rather than a disney resort.

Also, I felt like service wasn't that great. Checking in, room svc, etc. Getting our rooms cleaned was a pain, and routinely didn't happen until after 4, as late as 6.

The boat was the best part. As was the valet svc. Or if you go when there are baseball winter meetings :)

almccart
02-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Thank you for the helpful information. The more research I do, the less I want to stay there. The Disney experience at the hotel is an impory part for us😎

texas211
02-02-2019, 07:35 PM
I generally don't recommend it, unless you just want a hotel, and close backdoor access to epcot (for like FW festival). Other than that, better options exist.