PDA

View Full Version : Critique my plans please!!!

buzznwoodysmom
01-25-2019, 02:51 PM
We have been to Disney over 20 times, since my kids were babies, and we know all the tips and tricks. We have been so many times that we don’t even use all the major tricks anymore, we just sort of do our own thing.

That said, I am planning our first ever adult trip for my hubby and myself for our 20th anniversary, and I find myself questioning my plans. Initially it was supposed to be myself, husband, and my SIL and BIL (celebrating their 25th). They have since had to back out due to their kid’s school commitments. So it’s just the hubby and I. My husband enjoys eating and drinking more than doing the parks. Here is a rundown of what I have planned so far.

We are booked at Yacht Club, wanted Beach but no availability with military discount. Arriving on a Saturday evening and leaving on a Thursday. We will actually stay at Shades of Green on the Saturday, then move to YC on Sunday, due to availability.

Saturday: arrive early evening, Ohana dinner (long standing tradition)
Sunday: brunch at California Grill, check in at YC, evening at Epcot for food and wine fest.
Monday: morning at AK or studios, pool time, evening at Epcot
Tuesday (actual anniversary): Morning at Epcot, pool/resort time, dinner at Flying Fish Cafe (wanting something near our resort that we haven’t tried before), evening either on Boardwalk or back to Epcot.
Wednesday: morning at MK, resort/pool break, afternoon tea at Grand Flo (something I’ve always wanted to do and just never made time for), back to MK to end the trip.
Thursday: quick breakfast at resort and a stop at the beach for a late lunch on the way home.

What do you all think??? Not enough Epcot time? Too much Epcot? Better suggestions on Anniversary dinner? Anything I may be missing for an adult only Anniversary trip?

Zippy 1
01-25-2019, 03:30 PM
I think it looks good. Just be aware that weekend evenings at Epcot during Food & Wine can be crazy busy.

buzznwoodysmom
01-25-2019, 03:40 PM
I think it looks good. Just be aware that weekend evenings at Epcot during Food & Wine can be crazy busy.

I know! Hopeful that the Sunday evening won’t be too bad, and we’ve got some other days to go back. Even if it’s too crazy Sunday evening we have more time to spend there during the week. I just know we will be anxious to check it out shortly after checking in at Yacht Club.

texas211
01-25-2019, 06:07 PM
Well, whatever you do, don't miss the FW. Sunday will be somewhat busy as are all evenings. But still worth it. Gets better the further in you get.

bleen3162
01-25-2019, 06:34 PM
Plans sound good to me. You will absolutely love afternoon tea at GF. Mom, who recently died, and I made it our one special thing to do together. It makes for a very peaceful and different experience to do at WDW. We always loved walking through the the GF atrium and lobby as well.

buzznwoodysmom
01-25-2019, 07:51 PM
Well, whatever you do, don't miss the FW. Sunday will be somewhat busy as are all evenings. But still worth it. Gets better the further in you get.

We’ve got two half days (afternoon/evenings) planned, plus most of a full day, all planned for Epcot’s food and wine festival. Wasn’t sure if that was too much, or not enough. In all of our Disney trips we’ve never made it to Food and Wine Festival.

buzznwoodysmom
01-25-2019, 07:54 PM
Plans sound good to me. You will absolutely love afternoon tea at GF. Mom, who recently died, and I made it our one special thing to do together. It makes for a very peaceful and different experience to do at WDW. We always loved walking through the the GF atrium and lobby as well.

I can’t wait to do this!!! I had it booked once a few years back, but my sister in law and niece who were doing it with me had to leave from the trip early due to illness so I just cancelled it altogether. I am glad you have that special memory with your mother.

Cinderelley
01-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Have you thought about a photo portrait session? It might be nice to have some photos of just the two of you to put up next to your wedding pictures.

nicster
01-26-2019, 10:25 AM
Check out who is in concert at Epcot during your stay. That may sway your decisions on when to be there.

buzznwoodysmom
01-31-2019, 09:08 AM
Just a little update!!! We are now staying at Bay Lake Tower for our first night, instead of Shades of Green, thanks to a dear friend of mine who owns DVC! This will make our first night dinner at Ohana’s and our next day brunch at California Grill super convenient!!!

faline
01-31-2019, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a terrific celebration for you and your husband with lots of yummy food!! Enjoy!!

texas211
01-31-2019, 06:48 PM
We’ve got two half days (afternoon/evenings) planned, plus most of a full day, all planned for Epcot’s food and wine festival. Wasn’t sure if that was too much, or not enough. In all of our Disney trips we’ve never made it to Food and Wine Festival.

We do 2 days at the FW each trip. No if, and or buts about it. Sometimes more. The food and drink, just greatness. Especially New Zealand....