PDA

View Full Version : New Harry Potter Attraction

DizneyFreak2002
01-03-2019, 07:34 PM
I thought we had a thread about this, but cannot find it... Anyways, construction moving along nicely... In fact, the trains were out on the track, covered, but out none the less... More about them in a minute...

Hagrid's hut is looking good... And looks to have fire/smoke effects...

Now, the trains... The trains will be Hagrid's motorcycle, complete with the side car... So the trains will fir two people across... The cycle part will NOT be featuring a cycle style seat... You will still sit straight up with a high back support behind you...

And the details about the ride, WOW... just wow.... including what is rumored to be a animatronic of Fluffy... At least the three heads of Fluffy...

Looking forward to official announcement by Universal, but I suspect the ride title will include Forbidden Forest in it....

Cinderelley
01-03-2019, 09:04 PM
I want to see Fluffy! Do you think it will be ready by May?

DizneyFreak2002
01-03-2019, 10:20 PM
I want to see Fluffy! Do you think it will be ready by May?
Doubt it... I am thinking more like Fall 2019... but I really don't know... They do look to be pretty far along with construction...

DizneyFreak2002
01-29-2019, 07:22 PM
What was thought to be Hagrid's hut may not be now... I don't know... Roof of the hut looks too pristine to be Hagrid's... But the weathering could go on later....

Plus, we already have Hagrid's hut in the land, so not sure how two of them makes sense...

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Ok, do you all want track lay out and ride description???? I thought you did!!!

This new roller coaster is replacing Dueling Dragons... Everything from Dueling Dragons is gone, except one wall in the queue area... Here is the ride description:

We will be loading on our trains, which will be themed to Hagrid's motorcycle complete with side car, in the area that used to be the fire dragon's loading queue, only we will be loading in the opposite direction... The platform will be a moving platform like Forbidden Journey and slow moving...

The ride begins with our train exiting the queue building and entering the Forbidden Forest on the edge of Hogwarts grounds... The first show scene occurs after we exit the building, turning right and into the forest where we encounter the Weasley's Flying Ford Anglia... From here we pick up speed and hit our first launch... We are launched toward the Hogsmeade Station, where guests standing in the queue waiting for the Hogwarts Express will be able to see passing coaster trains...

We slow down and turn into a round structure... This is Hagrid's Hut... We meet Hagrid inside, and he introduces us to a magical creature he is caring after... The creature becomes spooked or startled, sending our train out of the hut and into our second launch...

We are launched into a near figure 8 and a belly turn, then yet another launch send us into a trench and an oval shaped turn.. We slow down here passing rocks, which I believe will be over head, and then we come face to face with the three headed dog Fluffy.. Fluffy will be an animatronic not screens.. We'll make a sharp left into another launch taking us into a dark cave... We head up a steep incline, where we are straight up and down and several stories from the ground... We stop here.. Think if Everest when we reach the mountain top and the broken tracks....

The brakes release and re free fall backwards (like Everest) past the turn right after Fluffy due to track change (again, think Everest)... Here we encounter a large patch of vines and another launch... We are launched backwards while traveling up a 360 degree turn into a dark collection of vines.. We have now reached the Devil's Snare...

We become entangled in the vines of the Devil's Snare and stop... We are then let out of the vines' grip and we drop vertically... For an example, YouTube the coaster 13 at Alton Towers or Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg...

We have one more launch forward, making our escape.. We pass over the cave and some track from earlier, and we finally enter the building at the part of the original queue where ice dragon ended... This thus ends our ride...

Rumored names for this attraction are Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure or Hagrid's Magical Creatures...

Open is rumored for either late 2019 or 2020

DizneyFreak2002
02-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Universal officially announced this attraction today... However, they did not give much in detail... They did reveal the name... And as I mentioned above, official attraction name is: HAGRID'S MAGICAL CREATURE MOTORBIKE ADVENTURE...

Not sure how I feel about the name... Could be shorter to be honest... How about HAGRID'S MOTORBIKE ADVENTURE... Not sure we need magical creatures in name...

Crow
03-03-2019, 12:45 AM
Universal officially announced this attraction today... However, they did not give much in detail... They did reveal the name... And as I mentioned above, official attraction name is: HAGRID'S MAGICAL CREATURE MOTORBIKE ADVENTURE...

Not sure how I feel about the name... Could be shorter to be honest... How about HAGRID'S MOTORBIKE ADVENTURE... Not sure we need magical creatures in name...

yes the name is a little ...strange and long

DizneyFreak2002
03-03-2019, 05:37 PM
yes the name is a little ...strange and long
Most people will call it Hagrid's anyway... But still, it's too long... The premise though centers on Hagrid's Magical Creatures class he teaches, so the name makes sense... just toooooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooong...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-13-2019, 05:11 PM
I believe today was the day it opened. Any word coming out on public opinion on the ride?

Disney4us2
06-13-2019, 05:41 PM
I believe today was the day it opened. Any word coming out on public opinion on the ride?

From what I've heard on the news, it's a big hit. Just saw it's at capacity for the day. At one point there was a 600 minute wait. I better get to work earlier tomorrow. The parking booths are going to be insane. Glad I'm at Volcano Bay.

joanna71985
06-14-2019, 02:26 PM

I know multiple people who have ridden, and all have loved it. However...over the course of today and yesterday, the waits have been LONG! Yesterday it topped at 10 hours (and yes, I know someone who waited almost 8 hours), and today I noticed it at 6 hours

texas211
06-14-2019, 05:02 PM
10 hours? Insane. Basically your whole day for 1 ride. Nope.

Altair
06-14-2019, 05:07 PM
10 hours? Insane. Basically your whole day for 1 ride. Nope.

And that ride lasts three minutes.

texas211
06-14-2019, 05:58 PM

hehehehhe

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-25-2019, 11:26 AM

I remember the first time we rode Seven Dwarves Mine Ride. We had fast passes for the ride and our wait was probably 5 minutes at most, but the standby was definitely 120 or more. I vividily recall some guy saying "we waited 2 hours for that?"

I still have the Universal app on my phone from our trip in February, so thought I'd check the wait time. Says the ride is closed. Said they would only be opening it at mid-day for the next couple of weeks. That seems a bit odd, unless its just too much congestion at rope drop between FJ and Hagrids in that one area.