PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs

NewDVCowner
12-30-2018, 05:13 PM
I just booked a non-preferred room at SSR. I’ve never stayed here and am not familiar with the resort at all. Can you all give me some tips about the resort? Specifically I’d like to know which building I should request that has the best bus service (first pick up) as we’ll be using Disney transportation exclusively and I’ve Experienced buses driving right past the stop in the morning because they’re full.

Thanks so much!

Vinny
12-30-2018, 09:08 PM
I just booked a non-preferred room at SSR. I’ve never stayed here and am not familiar with the resort at all. Can you all give me some tips about the resort? Specifically I’d like to know which building I should request that has the best bus service (first pick up) as we’ll be using Disney transportation exclusively and I’ve Experienced buses driving right past the stop in the morning because they’re full.

Thanks so much!

We have stayed here a few times over the last couple years and really enjoyed it. Each time we have booked the Congress Park area. It has great views of Disney Springs across the water and is within walking distance (via bridge) to there. It is also fairly close to the main lobby/pool area, which we more often than not walked to as well.

The buses make stops at each of the 5 sections, Congress Park being the 4th, so its only one stop before you're on the road to the parks. I can't remember a time at SSR when the bus was totally full when it arrived at our stop, let alone having to stand for the ride.