PDA

View Full Version : Online check in for the Disney resort

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
12-27-2018, 07:08 PM
What is the benefit of using online check in at the Disney resorts? Have most of you used it?

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-27-2018, 08:51 PM
We usually do online check-in, for two reasons. The first, it saves some time at the front desk, since all of our information is already all entered, so we can grab our magic bands and go. Secondly, since it asks for arrival time, we've had a lot of good luck having our room ready when we arrive.

But, it is far from a must-do!

PopPhan
12-27-2018, 10:30 PM
I use Online Check-In...Skip the desk completely. If the room is ready, I take my carry on, drop it in the room and head for the parks. If it is not ready, I drop the bag at Baggage Check, and head to the parks. In either event, you WILL receive a text message as to the status of your room before the DME bus arrives at your resort from the airport.

NewDVCowner
12-28-2018, 03:16 PM
I use Online Check-In...Skip the desk completely. If the room is ready, I take my carry on, drop it in the room and head for the parks. If it is not ready, I drop the bag at Baggage Check, and head to the parks. In either event, you WILL receive a text message as to the status of your room before the DME bus arrives at your resort from the airport.

Just as something to add to this. The last time I went (Thanksgiving of this year) I didn't get a text message until 3:00 in the morning after we arrived. However, the room number did show up in the app, so if you don't get a text message check the app for the room information.

brownie
12-29-2018, 09:27 AM
No waiting in line if you can skip the front desk. You get the notification and can head right to your room.

texas211
12-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Like everything else, I've had some good experiences (ready to go and got into my room) other issues and ended up in line at the front desk to sort out issues.

Probably depends on your resort, do you use DME, etc.

ThanxForNoticin
12-31-2018, 11:51 AM
Like everything else, I've had some good experiences (ready to go and got into my room) other issues and ended up in line at the front desk to sort out issues.

Agreed. We've also had mixed results. The times it's worked, it's great - received the text and went to our room without going to the front desk. Other times, we've not gotten a text - or worse, got the text and then couldn't get into the room when we went there directly. Seems like it should work more consistently than it does for us.

texas211
12-31-2018, 04:59 PM
Agreed. We've also had mixed results. The times it's worked, it's great - received the text and went to our room without going to the front desk. Other times, we've not gotten a text - or worse, got the text and then couldn't get into the room when we went there directly. Seems like it should work more consistently than it does for us.

Yeah, and I hate going to my room, realizing there is an issue and have to trek back to civilization.

1DisneyNut
12-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Just as something to add to this. The last time I went (Thanksgiving of this year) I didn't get a text message until 3:00 in the morning after we arrived. However, the room number did show up in the app, so if you don't get a text message check the app for the room information.

We have also had mixed results with most of them being bad. I am still waiting on the text saying our room is ready from our visit almost a month ago. lol As others have already mentioned, online check in works about as well as most of the other new "mymagic" and app stuff.....not very well at times.

TheVBs
01-02-2019, 08:01 AM
We have used it the last two trips and it did not work for us. We did receive texts, but they said to go to the front desk to check in. The front desk seemed to have no idea why it didn't work the way it was supposed to. I would still try it. Being able to skip the front desk would be awesome. I have no idea why check in takes so long there.

lindique
01-02-2019, 04:37 PM
On my last trip, I got the text and went right to my room. But when I got there, none of the 3 MagicBands that I brought with me worked. And two of them had been used before on other trips. I had to go back to the reception desk where they did something to the MagicBands. I will continue to check in on line because I like getting that text, but I will make sure my MagicBands are working before I walk to the room.

Simba's Mom
01-06-2019, 02:58 PM
On my last trip, I'd done online check in and yet, never received a text. We've done online check-in on previous trips to the same resort and always gotten the text. So this time, I asked the CM at the front desk what I might have missed. Supposedly, he looked and said he couldn't figure out why it didn't work either.