PDA

View Full Version : Getting Around using Uber or Lyft...or Taxi?

lawgirl
12-08-2018, 10:48 AM
We have a split-stay and I'm trying to figure out transportation, esp to the parks. Part of the trip is off-property. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for using Uber to get to the parks and off-property shopping? Im debating on renting a car. Thanks so much!

faline
12-08-2018, 01:14 PM
I have note used either Uber or Lyft so can't comment on them. In the past, I've rented a car when I need to get around outside of Disney transportation. The advantage of the car rental is that the car is where you want it to be and when you want it there. Any other transportation system you use may result in wait times longer than you might like. You will also need to figure what the costs will be of using Uber/Lyft will be versus the cost(s) of renting a car. If you will travel frequently, the rental might be less expensive but you will need to keep in mind that Disney now charges for parking at the resorts so that increases the cost to you of having the rental handy.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-09-2018, 08:29 AM
I'm also a fan of renting a car, especially if just for a few days. We've used taxi's a few times, and they are always more expensive then I expected ... the car would have been cheaper!

That being said, taxis and ubers are plentiful, and there are drop-off locations at each park.