PDA

View Full Version : Jan 20-26

Ashersfirsttrip
12-07-2018, 09:11 PM
We will be there Jan 20 to 27. What will we be wearing? Sweatshirts? Long sleeve tees?

njespers
12-07-2018, 10:38 PM
We will be there Jan 20 to 27. What will we be wearing? Sweatshirts? Long sleeve tees?

Florida weather can go either extreme. I’d recommend packing for layers. One week: I’d do about 5 short sleeve shirts and a couple of sweaters you can layer on top, for colder days. A long sleeve shirt or two will give you some flexibility. I don’t do shorts, but you could on warmer days, but that would probably be uncomfortable later at night (going to the Springs or “extra magic hours”). My preference is jeans, all the way. A lightweight hoodie would be useful. Would also pack a poncho (still rains in Florida). Check the weather forecast each morning before getting dressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zippy 1
12-08-2018, 01:00 AM
We were there that time frame last year. We experienced weather in the 20's all the way to weather in the low 80's in the coarse of a week. We wore layers and had jackets and gloves we had worn from home while traveling to Disney

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Some of it depends on where you're from, and your tolerance to cold. When we went in January, it was usually jeans and a t-shirt, with some sweatshirts for early mornings or late nights.

I don't remember wearing shorts, although you could reverse it, a sweat-shirt with shorts! I agree with everyone above, plan for changing weather and layers are your friend.

faline
12-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Yes. Florida weather can be all over the place in January. Last year, we had some pretty cold weather in January. We dipped below freezing for several nights that month though, typically, daytime temperatures got up into at least the 60s. At that time of year, you will need clothing for any eventuality from quite chilly/cold to quite mild and anything in between.