PDA

View Full Version : Party of 1: The tradition continues day 1

DisneyEpcotDad
12-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Early 6:15 a.m. flight departed on schedule. Watched a download from Netflix while flying. Plane, Delta, was only 3/4 full! Arrived around 8:39 a.m. We had to wait a minute as paramedics came on board to walk a lady off who had become ill during the flight. About a 20 minute wait til DME was full enough to depart. Received a text while on the bus that my room was not ready. All Star Sports. So I got off DME and got in line for bus to Disney Springs. 15 minute wait. Once bus arrived I decided I would go see movie Green Book at the DS AND. Good movie! Afterwards I visited a few stores in DS and Sat in a rocking chair at guest services until my 4 pm reservation at The Bathhouse. The Disney store at DS has been refurbished and now has a no walls open concept inside. Looks much better! Had bbq chicken for dinner at Bathhouse. Came with a tiny side of Cole slaw!! Good good and nice ambience inside. They didn't have the whiskey caramel cake I had put on my to eat list.its seasonal. Had key lime pie which was average. After dinner a rain deluge came as I was making my way to the bus. So I called it a day and returned to All Star. A long day with the early 2:30 am wake up. One negative incident. Bus driver st all star loaded up the bus to capacity resulting in some friction among several people who started yelling at each other. When the bus stopped at DS the people who had been yelling on the bus started yelling at each other face to face. I departed the area quickly in case it escalated to where bystanders might be hurt. I understand the need to get buses filled to capacity with people waiting, but having more buses would be another option to help reduce the stress of all. Overall a good day. Other than dinner I had no real plans and was in spontaneous mode. A slow paced relaxing day which is just what I wanted. DS continues to look better than the old days of downtown Disney and pleasure island days. 5 more days to go. Tuesday is outlet mall shopping day bus a rental car and then more spontaneous time.

faline
12-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Other than the incident on the bus, you are off to a good start!! With a good night's sleep, you'll be ready to take on the World!