PDA

View Full Version : Universal Water Transportation

DonaldsBFF
12-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Can you take the water transportation from a park to a resort that you are not staying at if you would like to eat there? Or do you have to take another mode of transportation. I remember being checked before boarding the water taxi the last time we stayed at Portofino but I can't remember what we had to show. This time we are staying at Cabana Bay. Thanks

mook3y
12-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Can you take the water transportation from a park to a resort that you are not staying at if you would like to eat there? Or do you have to take another mode of transportation. I remember being checked before boarding the water taxi the last time we stayed at Portofino but I can't remember what we had to show. This time we are staying at Cabana Bay. Thanks

It has been a couple years since we were there, so maybe it has changed.

When we stayed at Portofino Bay, we never had to show a room key or anything to take the boat to the resort. During our stay, also rode the other boats just to check out the resorts and had no issues doing so.

buzznwoodysmom
12-06-2018, 12:20 PM
We've used the boats at Universal a few times and I don't recall having to show anything. However, we found it much quicker to walk to our destination. The few times we took the boat it took far too long to get where we were going.