PDA

View Full Version : Epic (I hope) 24 hour+ WDW visit

Katzateer
11-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Getting back from our October trip and seeing all the information about holiday happenings at WDW, I started plotting how to go to the world and not spend a lot of money (and I can’t take off work because we are short staffed at the moment).

I found a cheap airline ticket, had to book a room at Holiday Inn in Disney Springs because no Disney hotels I could afford had a room for one night. I get off work Thursday night at 9pm. I fly to Orlando on a 6 am flight on a Friday then my flight home is 9 pm Saturday. I have to be at work Sunday morning at 10 am. I won’t have luggage, just a small backpack.

When I arrive I am going to take Mears to a park- probably ticket and transportation center so can decide Epcot or MK when I get there. I have an annual pass that expires on that Sunday so don’t have to worry about tickets.

My hopeful main objectives are:

See castle light up on Friday night at 6:15pm ( MVMCP that night so won’t be spending evening at MK). Go on Jingle Jungle cruise.

Epcot world showcase and a glimpse of Candlelight Processional and see Illuminations with special holiday ending.

After Illuminations go to Disney Springs and check out a few stores especially remodeled Disney Store and the Christmas tree walk. Figure I won’t leave DS until midnight. Is it safe to walk to Holiday Inn from DS? It says it is a 5 minute walk from bridge crossing over road. If not, where are UBER or taxis? I don’t want to walk all the way back to near Cirque Soleil☹️ Will check into hotel and sleep until 7 am then check out.

If I feel up to it, AK opens at 8am.

Want to get over to studios to see Toy Story holiday decorations. Frozen holiday version would be nice. Get back over to Epcot and see some World Showcase holiday entertainment and food.

Get a Mears from Epcot at 6 pm pickup for 9 pm flight.

Also want to go to Grand Floridian and Contemporary to see the gingerbread displays.

Hopefully my stars will align and no transportation delays or rain while at WDW. (Today Amtrak is suspended from this silly snow mess on east coast. Airline shuttle not running either.)

Send pixie dust for smooth sailing!

eam
11-16-2018, 08:51 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Have fun!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-16-2018, 11:24 AM
What an excellent idea - hope everything aligns and it is an awesome weekend!

Cinderelley
11-16-2018, 08:57 PM
Phew! What a whirlwind trip. I'm tired from just reading it. I bet you'll have a great time.

faline
11-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Sounds great!! Enjoy your quick whirl around Disney!!

magicofdisney
11-28-2018, 04:50 PM
That is one wild trip. I admire your tenacity. I think you're going to have a great time. :mickey:

DisneyEpcotDad
12-01-2018, 08:55 AM
Now that's what I call a serious party of 1 adventure!