PDA

View Full Version : Who is going next year for Galaxy's Edge?

Cinderelley
11-10-2018, 03:28 AM
If you are planning on going, how are you going to do it? I've never been to a "grand opening", and I'm not sure how I should plan on doing things. Should I plan one whole day in that area? Should I plan every morning in that area to try to beat the crowds and then leave when it gets jam packed? Should I go with my first instinct and stay in my own galaxy far, far away from there until 20 years from now? (I can't do the last one with DS being such a huge Star Wars fan.)
I would also like to see some of the Christmas decorations, so I would prefer to not spend all of my time there when we go in Dec, 2019.

BrowncatP
11-10-2018, 07:48 PM
I am hoping to go to DL's Galaxy's Edge next year. I figure that almost the whole day will be spent just standing in line waiting to go into the Star Wars land.

Disney4us2
11-12-2018, 05:46 AM
If it is anything like Avatar/Pandora's opening I would wait. Opening day for Pandora was insane with a 3 hour wait from outside the entrance just to get into the land. The lines for FOP are still high presently. I don't plan on going for the first two to four weeks. I waited three weeks to see Pandora after it opened. What ever time, be prepared for a long line.

I was at opening day for Cars Land at Disney Land. The line started at the esplanade. I was on the middle of the esplanade and saw the dedication on a jumbo screen. It was a madhouse and we got there around 5 or 6am to wait for the park to open. It was fun and exciting but I'll never do that again. Just insanity.... lol.

Cinderelley
11-12-2018, 09:07 AM
That does sound crazy. Maybe we will wait. I'll talk to DS.

PopPhan
11-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Thought about it...a few times...but may take a year (or more) off from WDW. Doing 3 full week trips this past year has me a bit Disneyed out. LOL Since there is so much coming over the next 2 years, or so, I'm thinking maybe late in 2020 or even 2021 before I go back.

Most probably WON'T wait that long (I might get withdrawal symptoms!!) but, we shall see....

DizneyFreak2002
11-13-2018, 07:04 PM
Not me... I am going in May, and if I do go back after May, it will be October for Halloween, but staying in Universal (I have never stayed at a Universal hotel), and doing their parks (I did not do Universal in April or October this year) and Halloween Horror Nights...

Cinderelley
11-13-2018, 11:17 PM
Thought about it...a few times...but may take a year (or more) off from WDW. Doing 3 full week trips this past year has me a bit Disneyed out. LOL Since there is so much coming over the next 2 years, or so, I'm thinking maybe late in 2020 or even 2021 before I go back.

Most probably WON'T wait that long (I might get withdrawal symptoms!!) but, we shall see....

I thought that would happen to me. In fact, I was quite happy to come home from the last trip, but now I'm ready to go back. :P

ThanxForNoticin
11-14-2018, 12:40 PM
If it turns out to be anything like Pandora (and I expect it will be just as big, if not bigger), then there will be no "beating the crowds in the morning". It's going to be crazy in the morning. I can see people getting to the gate and waiting 3-4 hours before opening - so they won't have to wait 3-4 hours in line inside the park! Should be a very interesting opening for Disney......

Cinderelley
11-14-2018, 10:00 PM
If it turns out to be anything like Pandora (and I expect it will be just as big, if not bigger), then there will be no "beating the crowds in the morning". It's going to be crazy in the morning. I can see people getting to the gate and waiting 3-4 hours before opening - so they won't have to wait 3-4 hours in line inside the park! Should be a very interesting opening for Disney......

I'm ok with doing this. I work nights, so it will be my normal awake time. :P A few blankets to stay warm in. My phone and my DS to entertain me. Only if he wants to do it though. I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it yet.

WiltonJohn
12-11-2018, 04:38 PM
I saw an article that said the throughput of the Millennium Falcon ride would be 1800 people per hour. And that that number then translated to a projected 6 hour wait line when the land opens.

Ugh.

We'll go ... but not immediately. maybe the following spring or fall. (And I'm a nutzo Star Wars fan.)

best,

...........john