PDA

View Full Version : What Is This Planning You Speak Of? Day 1

Cinderelley
10-16-2018, 03:58 AM
This story actually started the day before yesterday. I called and confirmed my housing and let them know I would arrive late. The lady who answered the phone said “no problem. We are open 24 hours a day.” I then went to the hair salon to get my hair dyed red. After that, my son and I went to buy a new vehicle. I was starving by the time all of that was done, so we stopped at a restaurant for dinner. I went into the bathroom and noticed that my hair was orange. After a frantic phone call, I had an appointment for yesterday at noon to fix my hair.
Yesterday I woke up and hopped in the shower to get ready for my hair appointment. Then I slipped and fell - Landing on my right elbow. I wasn’t about to miss my hair appointment though, so I soldiered through. It hurt a lot to use my right arm though, so my daughter drove me. My hair was fixed, so I headed to urgent care. No break. Just soft tissue damage. Yay! I did some packing and went to sleep.
My daughter was supposed to drive me to the airport today, but she got called into work early. She requested an Uber for me. As I was being driven to the airport, my oldest son texted me and asked if I had left yet. It turned out that he was down from Prescott and came to meet me at the airport for lunch before I left.
It was a good thing he was there. I was having trouble juggling my stuff. The Southwest staff was amazing at helping me with my checked baggage. They gave him a pass through security to help me. Somewhere along the way, he figured out that I couldn’t do this on my own. He was especially concerned with how I would be able to drive with my right arm in a sling. I boarded with pre-boarding and he bought a ticket from the guy at the gate. He came strolling in with the last of the people boarding. I was happy to see him. I had secretly been wondering how I was going to manage.
The flight was uneventful. We got upgraded from an intermediate car at Alamo to a Ford F-150. That is what DS drives at home, so he was happy.
We arrived at the timeshare, and the check in office was locked. We spent 20 mins looking around and trying to call. Finally, the front guy unlocked the door and apologized. He had been in the bathroom.
It was an interesting day. My son’s wife is at the airport boarding a plane to join us. Should be fun tomorrow

Donald
10-16-2018, 05:57 AM
Wow! I hope your arm feels better soon. It sounds like you have some amazing children!

PopPhan
10-16-2018, 08:00 AM
So, I will be able to find you by the sling on your right arm!! LOL

So sorry that you had to start the trip on a rough note. Hopefully, the pain and swelling will go down quickly and you will be able to enjoy the entire trip.

Leaving very shortly, myself, for the airport. See you soon! If not before, tomorrow morning at Kona Cafe.

faline
10-20-2018, 02:24 PM
That is quite the beginning to your trip!!! (And not just your trip in the shower!!)

Cinderelley
10-28-2018, 03:37 AM
That is quite the beginning to your trip!!! (And not just your trip in the shower!!)

Lol. This gave me a good laugh.