PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass question

wdwrito
10-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Greeting all. I am planning our first trip in 7 years and very excited about it. Lots of new things to experience.

I think I understand fast pass plus pretty well and I've got us set up on MDE and even had pretty good luck with ADRs. I plan on logging in right at the 60 day mark at 7:00 AM as we are staying on site.

I'm curious about what I should expect that morning. Our trip is for 4 days during the last week of January. Folks with longer stays that overlap mine will have been making reservations for the prior week or so. Will I find openings for any of the Avatar or Toy Story rides? How fast do they fill up?

Nothing I can do about it but I'm trying to manage my expectations.

Thanks for any insights.

Zippy 1
10-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Just so you know it is 7 am Eastern Standard Time. For me in Colorado I have to be up at 5 am

PopPhan
10-15-2018, 08:59 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

FP+ options tend to go quickly for both Toy Story Land and Pandora rides, so it might be hit-or-miss. Yeah, I know that's not much of an answer.

Try looking for FP+ options from your last day and work backward, but if you don't get right away, keep trying. It seems that these become available now and then throughout your waiting period and sometimes even 'day of'

Enjoy your trip!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2018, 10:19 AM
I have some very strange advice ... the FP+ system is "interesting" at best. I've found two curious things. The first is that the system will offer you times, but there is a "more times" little button that has (usually) way more selections. Don't panic if the first times offered aren't what you're looking for.

On the same note, I've also found it easier to book a ride, at a not-great time, and then go back and modify it to the time I want. I have no clue why that seems to work, but it does.

And finally, I've had a lot of luck later in the day. So, at 7am, I get up and book everything, at the best times possible. But, I've also found that if I go back around 2 or so, there seems to be more options, and I can often adjust for "better" times. I don't know if it is because the system is just so crowded at 7am, and it can't keep up with the booking and releasing, but it seems to help.

All of this to say, relax. It will come together. Have fun planning and booking!

(and :welcome: to INTERCOT!)

wdwrito
10-15-2018, 11:08 AM
Thank you so much! I’m pretty sure i’d have never figured that out on my own. Sounds like a good strategy.

texas211
10-15-2018, 09:24 PM
May Yesnid be with you..

wdwrito
11-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Hit the 60 day mark today and my experience was just what you suggested. At 7:00 AM there were no Pandora slots and very limited for Seven Dwarfs. I went back at noon and got Flights of Passage at a reasonable time and was able to move Seven Dwarfs to a better window. No luck with Slinky Dog yet but got a nice time for Toy Story Mania and figure we’ll just do Slinky at rope drop.

Thanks again!