PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs Preferred - info needed

dlpmikki
10-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Normally I use DVC points to stay places but next year I have booked a couple of weeks at SSR with tickets and dining plan to escape the English winter. Have to admit the cost was a bit of a shock after DVC!

Anyway I have preferred location. What areas does this cover and what are the pluses and minuses of each area? I'm trying to work out if I should try and request a specific area. DH will be using a wheelchair if that makes a difference.

Grateful for any information - believe it or not I have never stayed at SSR before!

Hammer
10-17-2018, 12:44 AM
Mikki, I stay at SSR often (it is one of my home resorts), so I will try to answer your questions. The preferred rooms are in the Springs area where the spa, main pool and restaurants are located or Congress Park, which is right by Disney Springs. I have only booked Preferred once and was in the Springs area. Springs is probably best with the wheelchair. All buildings in SSR have elevators. When Mom was with us, she didn’t have any issues navigating the room.

MickeyMousse
10-18-2018, 08:58 AM
I just got back from a quick overnight stay, and was assigned a handicap accessible preferred room #3512 at The Springs.

dlpmikki
12-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Is there any difference between Congress and Springs for buses?

Can you walk (push the chair!) from Congress to Disney Springs?

How long would the walk be back to the main pool area from Congress (if I wanted to use the refillable mugs)

Thanks!