PDA

View Full Version : Best Trip Without Entering a Park

RhodeHog
09-12-2018, 05:17 PM
We were staying with family in Clermont and I had to work. Since I often listen to loop music at work and love the atmosphere I decided to seriously upgrade my remote work location.

One day I parked in the AK lot and as the kids (and a first-time guest from Japan) went to the park, I took a bus to AK Lodge. I explored inside and out for a bit, then found a little alcove near the DVC table and overlooking the animal area. I was able to work for many hours in peace and a lady came in and worked a couple of hours as well. Late in the day there was more traffic and the animals came out to our area. I finished work, grabbed a late meal in a quick serve restaurant, explored a bit more then picked up the kids after the park closed.

The other day was even better. The kids went to MK and I went to the Grand Floridian. I found a nice place overlooking the pool and lake, with shade and a fan. Worked several hours there and just inside on the second floor of the lobby. Around lunch I visited the Contemporary then took a bus to Coronado Springs to eat and work in the large eating area near the convention center (construction is going well...going to be a big change). I finished work several hours in a corner that had power and a good view. After putting my pack into the car that evening I rode the monorail around Epcot then one back to GF to enjoy fireworks by the lake and the piano music in the lobby. I went to the MK gate to meet the kids/guest and enjoyed the people watching.

Of course, I'd love to hit a park (and did go to HS later) but it was a good trip, even if it was work.

VacationDisney
09-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Sounds like it worked out great for everyone!

Glad it was a good trip for all!

Cinderelley
09-13-2018, 06:03 AM
Sounds very relaxing for work days.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-13-2018, 07:47 AM
If you have to work, it may as well be with great atmosphere! :)

magicofdisney
09-13-2018, 08:39 AM
My husband previously worked from home. A few years back we had a trip planned during a time he couldn't take off. However, since he worked from home, he went with us anyway and worked from the resort at which we were staying. Like you, it was a nice, pleasant break from the ordinary. As a family, we LOVED spending the evenings together at Disney.

faline
09-16-2018, 04:19 PM
If you have to work while at Disney, it might as well be in a location with a view!! Glad you found spots to make work more enjoyable!!

RavsRuleDisney!
10-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Not sure I could spend an ENTIRE day working while the sights and sounds of WDW are all around me....but I would sure give it a try! Glad you enjoyed the experience....