PDA

View Full Version : Groceries!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Hi All!

We have a shorter-than-usual Disney trip coming up, and don't want to spend the time grocery shopping like we usually do (we have a cabin at FW, so making food is part of the plan).

The grocery delivery services seem expensive, since we will have a car. I see that Walmart does groceries that you just go and pick up, and I have two questions:
1. do they take prepaid credit cards? (we're from Canada, and they don't seem to accept my Canadian card)
2. any experience with the Walmarts near Disney? Is one better to use than another, or is there a grocery store you'd recommend with a similar service?

Thanks!

Zippy 1
09-08-2018, 02:50 AM
The Walmart on Turkey Lake Road is not very good. My DD has had several bad experiences there and she lives not far from it

VWL Mom
09-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Not sure if you're an Amazon Prime member (do they have that in Canada?) but we used Prime Now last month, worked very well.

DisneyFan1979
09-11-2018, 12:11 PM
You can shop via Amazon from the Whole Foods at 8003 Turkey Lake Road. I haven't tried it yet, but have shopped in-person at that location before and it is a typical Whole Foods.

One alternative idea might be shopping at the Trader Joe's on Turkey Lake. Trader Joe's is a small store with mostly their in-house brands, so you could get your shopping done very quickly.