PDA

View Full Version : International Gateway Expansion?

FiggyFan
08-27-2018, 09:11 PM
Are there any plans to expand the entry at International Gateway to deal with the extra guests arriving by gondola?

Figment!
08-28-2018, 09:31 PM
Many (myself included) have shared the same thought, but currently; there has been no plans publicly announced.

FiggyFan
05-25-2019, 08:56 PM
I just returned from a business trip where I was able to make a quick stop at WDW. Expansion of the International gateway entrance is underway! One of the ticket both buildings has been moved out of the way, and the entire area from the booths towards the boat dock, and forward through the old entrance gates, is now boarded up. There is a relatively narrow walkway past the old entrance, and a temporary entrance gate has been set up.

I am hoping to see the finished product on our summer trip in late July.

Figment!
05-26-2019, 07:13 PM
I just returned from a business trip where I was able to make a quick stop at WDW. Expansion of the International gateway entrance is underway! One of the ticket both buildings has been moved out of the way, and the entire area from the booths towards the boat dock, and forward through the old entrance gates, is now boarded up. There is a relatively narrow walkway past the old entrance, and a temporary entrance gate has been set up.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear there is some work being done.

It will be interesting to see what the impact is on crowd flow. Unlike buses where you get intermittent large waves of people, the flow from the Skyliner should be fairly continuous as each 6-8 person group comes off at even intervals.