PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Disney restaurant??

Tink33333
08-26-2018, 12:57 PM
We’re leaving within the week and although we do have some ADRs, I’m not so confident in my choices at this point, so I’m asking anyone who cares to reply to tell me their favorite restaurants at WDW and why. It will be my DH and my DD (over 21) in our party of 3. We already have our Chef Mickey reservation (even at our ages) it’s a must but any other suggestions and reviews would be greatly appreciated!

SBETigg
08-26-2018, 01:13 PM
Who can choose just one favorite? I love so many of them! Narcoossee's, California Grill, probably the top two. But many others, for various reasons. Sanaa, Grand Floridian Cafe, Tokyo Dining, Chefs de France, San Angel Inn (generally not a popular favorite, but one I always enjoy). Most of my favorites are at resorts not parks, or World Showcase, and we rarely go to Disney Springs formerly Downtown Disney but will have to get back there to try all the fabulous new places there. My family is now all grown up kids, too, so different choices than if I had little ones. Enjoy your picks!

njespers
08-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Of late, we really like Tiffin’s in Animal Kingdom. The lounge is great for a respite out of the heat. Restaurant has good variety: we like the octopus appetizer. Nice atmosphere; different Africa theme in each dining room. This one is our “go to” place during every visit.

More informally, we like Tusker House (also at AK): Really neat buffet for breakfast or lunch. It’s a character dining experience, which we don’t care for, but it’s OK if you like that sort of thing.

More fancy (read: expensive), but great service and delicious offerings, is Monsieur Paul in EPCOT. We only do that one for rather special times (like as part of a package for the Candlelight Processional).

Hard to go wrong, but these are our favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CynBeth
08-26-2018, 05:01 PM
We are 3 adults and the others have food allergies so pretty much all meals are at TS. Our favorites are:

Breakfast - Crystal Palace, Tusker House, WCC, Trail’s End, Boma, and Cape May.
Lunch - LTT, Hollywood Brown Derby, Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, and Rainforest Cafe at AK.
Dinner - Boma, BOG, Tony’s, Chefs, Le Cellier, and 50’s PTC.

texas211
08-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Le Cellier, Boatwrights, Victoria and Alberts

Kairi_7378
08-26-2018, 08:37 PM
I think that it is perfectly normal to question your ADR's the week you are leaving. You've been planning a trip for a while! (I drive my husband NUTS the week before our trips, doing the same thing, so of course it is normal ;-) )

That being said, our favorite Signature meal is the CA Grill. (He also likes Artists Point). Our other favorite is Sanaa.

andmomlau
08-27-2018, 01:00 PM
My husband and i go twice a year...just thebtwonifnus....We tried the breakfast buffet at Tusker House in AK on our trip in March and definitely doing it again in December. Kona at Poly has a very nice breakfast menu too.

Dinner...we love Le Cellier, our favorite! We also really like Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. Everything there is amazing and the best dessert ever in our opinion. Cape May Cafe at BC is one of our faves also!

joonyer
08-27-2018, 01:51 PM
'Ohana: This is a vote for my favorite dining "experience" (not just food quality), especially for a family with kids. We visited there every trip when our kids were young, and we always left feeling like we had experienced the Disney magic! The open fire pit grill, the music, games, and the fireworks view, all are great. And the food is pretty darn good too, especially if you are a meat lover. And the bread pudding for dessert is fabulous. Save some room. You should 'Ohana at least once if you have never been.

ThanxForNoticin
08-28-2018, 12:22 PM
I think if you asked 25 people this question, you'd get 25 different answers! But it's fun to think about it. For us, it's probably Sanaa and Morimoto's (Disney Springs). 'OHana had previously always been on our list, but we've been a bit disappointed there with menu changes the past few years. BUT - as mentioned above, if you have not experienced 'OHana, you should consider giving it a try!

#1donaldfan
08-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Gosh, there are so many ... but to try ..... TS == O'hana, Boma, Boatwrights, Boathouse ... CS == Yorkshire Fish Shoppe, Flametree, Yak n Yeti .... why ??? of the TS places, each have great food and great service, with plenty on the plate, so when we leave we are FULL .... of the CS places, each have great food and each place has a great atmosphere for me .... the sights, sounds and smells ... nothing better IMHO !!!

ASweetLov
08-30-2018, 10:01 AM
We love Ohana! The food and experience is great

Cinderelley
09-01-2018, 05:09 AM
Everyone I have taken to WDW LOVES breakfast at Crystal Palace. Even if they say they don't want to see characters, Eeyore always does them in.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-08-2018, 02:32 PM
'Ohana, Boathouse, Art Smith Homecomin' and Boma are some of our favorites.

ransam
09-18-2018, 04:08 PM
'ohana isn't the best meal i've had at disney,it's the best meal i've had anywhere.

Crow
09-19-2018, 11:23 PM
Artist Pt. first place I had buffalo steak, first place I had cedar plank salmon. the mushroom soup is great. you can also get the soup at Territory Lounge
Jiko- filet w mac and cheese. boma also
at Epcot-Tokyo Dining every trip, great service. also liked San Angel for the atmosphere. Rose and crown, beer flight. the bakery at France is good too and you can get in there b4 World Showcase opens.
MK.....hm dont eat here much..Pecos Bills used to have a good toppings bar
HS.brown derby lounge for the drinks. was disappointed in the Brown Derby last time. Sci Fi wasnt bad. I have to try the 50s again sometime as ive only been there once
Trails End at FW is great for a buffet. Hoop de Doo was okay also
at AK Flame tree
Disney Springs, RR ive had good and soso but Ill go again. Morimoto and Paradiso i would go again also.

BriarRose0708
09-20-2018, 09:04 AM
California Grill is the best meal I've had at Disney ever! I also enjoy breakfast at Kona Cafe and lunch or dinner at Sci Fi - the food isn't amazing but the atmosphere is fun!

Simba's Mom
09-22-2018, 01:16 PM
Most of my favorites are ones that haven't been mentioned yet-bona has my favorite, favorite breakfast. I'm not crazy about their dinner-just too hectic. For lunch I like Liberty Tree Tavern, Yak and Yeti, Grand Floridian Cafe, and (really) Nine Dragons. We rarely do a big dinner, but when we have, we enjoyed Olivia's, Sanaa, and Artist Point, although I understand Artist Point is changing.

jennsky
09-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Via Napoli at Epcot! I've only been there twice...both with fellow Intercotees, and both times the food has been amazing, as was the company I was with. The servers were super friendly and accommodating. I'm also a sucker for Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness...good old fashioned country cooking. Yum!

Disney-4-Me
10-02-2018, 08:52 PM
We love the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. We love the atmosphere. When my boys were little that was always one of their requests. Now that they are adults with their own children, it's their choice still along with Chef Mickey's for the character experience.

Donald Duck Rules
10-03-2018, 10:54 AM
California Grill...food view fireworks
Ohana...love Poly

dizneydeb22
10-03-2018, 04:59 PM
There are so many great choices! We love 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios. The atmosphere is fun and the food is really good. Enjoy your trip!!

texas211
10-03-2018, 08:11 PM
We love the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. We love the atmosphere. When my boys were little that was always one of their requests. Now that they are adults with their own children, it's their choice still along with Chef Mickey's for the character experience.

Just make sure to be on the small side, as those booths were designed for liliputians.

Cinderelley
10-08-2018, 02:36 AM
My new favorite Epcot restaurant is Marrakesh.

MrPeetrie
10-20-2018, 12:58 PM
We’ve had many outstanding dining experiences at Walt Disney World, but if I were asked to pick the best meal, I would say THE BOATHOUSE. Everything was excellent.

We also love Le Cellier, Tusker House character breakfast, Raglan Road, Tony’s, and Hoop De Doo!!!!!

wjrhw
10-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Currently, The Wave is my favorite sit down restaurant and Satu'li Canteen is my favorite quick service. The Wave used to be bad, but the last year or two the food and service has really been great.

njespers
12-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Of late, we really like Tiffin’s in Animal Kingdom. The lounge is great for a respite out of the heat. Restaurant has good variety: we like the octopus appetizer. Nice atmosphere; different Africa theme in each dining room. This one is our “go to” place during every visit.

More informally, we like Tusker House (also at AK): Really neat buffet for breakfast or lunch. It’s a character dining experience, which we don’t care for, but it’s OK if you like that sort of thing.

More fancy (read: expensive), but great service and delicious offerings, is Monsieur Paul in EPCOT. We only do that one for rather special times (like as part of a package for the Candlelight Processional).

Hard to go wrong, but these are our favorites.

UPDATE: Tiffins has taken a nosedive in quality, but prices are still as high as ever. The octopus appetizer is now dry and unappealing. Service seems a lot more impersonal (used to get a welcome note with our reservation).

Also, Monsieur Paul was not as good as it used to be. Prices have increased, and the food is not as good either: limited selections. Figure $100 pp for something modest with a glass of wine.

barnaby
12-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Tried Boma and Art Smith's this past trip and really enjoyed them

Cinderelley
12-11-2018, 11:05 AM
We’ve had many outstanding dining experiences at Walt Disney World, but if I were asked to pick the best meal, I would say THE BOATHOUSE. Everything was excellent.

We also love Le Cellier, Tusker House character breakfast, Raglan Road, Tony’s, and Hoop De Doo!!!!!

My son and daughter in law LOVED The Boathouse.

disney obsessed
12-12-2018, 07:16 PM
I always love California Grill. New to me is Tratoria al forno at the boardwalk. Fabulous housemade pasta and cheese. I had the sirloin and I could cut it with a butter knife......sublime!