PDA

View Full Version : Resort Parking Fees

mrte62
08-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Now that the onsite parking resort fees have been implemented for a bit, has there been any noticeable difference in:

1) The number of resort guests using their own vehicles?

2) The number of (or ease of finding) parking spots?

3) Are there differences between resorts and availability of spots?

4) Does time of day matter?

Just wondering as we start to think about planning our next trip.... thanks......

Zippy 1
08-13-2018, 05:49 PM
When we stayed at Coronado Springs a few months ago we noticed there did not seem to be as many cars in the lot as on other trips. When we went to the Poly for breakfast the lot was packed. We had a very hard time finding a spot. Ran into the same thing at the Boardwalk

#1donaldfan
08-14-2018, 09:54 AM
You know, come to think of it we didn't pay for parking our last trip. We had been grandfathered in as our reservations were before implementation, however we added a day "early" and was not charged ..... maybe since we had ressies previously, they didn't ... who knows .... but no, I didn't see any changes in the various lots we visited ... we did O'hana's once, parking lot packed, Olivia's, with a packed lot and Boatwrights, with a normal amount of cars, typical of that resort .....

MissStyles
08-14-2018, 10:00 AM
i've been wondering the same thing...i've searched, but haven't found any reviews yet of people who haven't been grandfathered in. i remember someone posting about new "software" they were implementing to keep track of people with cars who were staying on property.

i made a reservation the other day for next month - i am meeting family there so we will have 2 cars (supposedly we will both be charged)...i'll be sure to report back with more details!

buzznwoodysmom
08-14-2018, 02:31 PM
I did notice on our May trip that the resorts seemed to be asking more questions about why you were entering the lot. We weren't turned away at any resorts, but they were asking a lot more questions about dining reservations and such.

We have always had trouble parking at the Poly, whether we are there as a resort guest, or just there for dining. We stayed at the Poly for 5 nights in May and we did not have any trouble finding spots available to park like we have in the past. The smaller lot over by the DVC side of the resort only looked half full all week. Not sure if they were cracking down on day guest parking at the Poly, but we've never seen the parking lots with that many available spots in all our other trips.