PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Railroad and Speedway news

Imalismom
08-13-2018, 07:30 AM
Walt Disney World announced Friday that the Walt Disney World Railroad would stop making its grand-circle tours of Magic Kingdom starting in December. The train will spend time in Main Street Station, where guests will be able to take "one-of-a-kind" photos.

Also, the Tomorrowland Speedway will close in 2019 so the speedway's track can be adjusted. The attraction will then reopen in summer 2019.

VWL Mom
08-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Yeah, Jason posted an article (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?217418-Magic-Kingdom-Updates-Tron-Coaster-Progress-amp-Announces-2-Related-Ride-Closures) yesterday. What I'm trying to figure out is will the RR be closed until 2021 when Tron opens? I'd hope not but depending on where they actually placement of Tron wouldn't they need to cross the tracks for construction? Or is it the Speedway track construction that's causing the shut down, hmmmm.
:confused:

Speedy1998
08-13-2018, 12:50 PM
From the artist rendering that I saw on the D23 website, it looks like when Tron is finished the train will go through part of the ride building. Similar to how it currently goes through parts of Splash Mountain.