PDA

View Full Version : Nothing is Sacred anymore

Itchy
08-01-2018, 07:05 PM
I just heard on the local news here in St Louis that Six Flags here is going to start serving Dole Whips...:down:

I can wait until my next trip to WDW next month to get a real one.....

BrowncatP
08-01-2018, 08:06 PM
You can get a Dole Whip at Kennywood park in Pittsburgh,PA.

Zippy 1
08-01-2018, 10:15 PM
You can get a Dole Whip here in Northern Colorado at certain events

Cinderelley
08-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Things just seem to taste better at Disney.

brownie
08-02-2018, 06:36 AM
Check out the latest INTERCOT Insider podcast: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?217357-Episode-113-Going-Gaga-for-Gondolas

Fangorn
08-02-2018, 07:49 AM

It's the water!

Steve

Fangorn
08-02-2018, 08:06 AM
Dole soft-serve mix has been available for decades. All you need is a commercial soft-serve machine. You can get the mix in 7 flavors (orange, lemon, lime, raspberry, mango, strawberry, and pineapple).
Dole soft-serve is fat free, dairy free, and gluten free.

Steve

BriarRose0708
08-02-2018, 08:42 AM
Dole soft-serve mix has been available for decades. All you need is a commercial soft-serve machine. You can get the mix in 7 flavors (orange, lemon, lime, raspberry, mango, strawberry, and pineapple).

Steve

Yep. It's been available at my local ice cream space for years. I just don't buy it and wait until a Disney trip to get it!

1DisneyNut
08-02-2018, 10:08 AM
We have seen Dole Whips just like the ones at WDW available at multiple vacation destinations lately. They were available at an ice cream shop on Amelia Island.

baldburke
08-02-2018, 11:51 AM

Not the pizza, burgers or chicken fingers per se.

Dole Whips taste best at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii!

#1donaldfan
08-02-2018, 12:24 PM
You can get a Dole Whip at Kennywood park in Pittsburgh,PA.

... and soon you'll be able to ride the Steel Curtain ... Steeler fans will know all about this and certain other team's (fans) from the 70's will, not so fondly, remember it as well ... ( I had to go there )

Dole Whips are only served at Disney ... the rest are fakes ... right ??? haahaha !!

Speedy1998
08-02-2018, 12:34 PM

Steve

You don't even need a commercial soft-serve machine. Any Soft serve machine will work. You can even buy the Dole soft serve mix from Amazon.

brad192
08-02-2018, 12:58 PM
I guess the word has spread about how good these are. Sigh...They just don't seem as special anymore. Oh well, let's all: Whip It! ...Whip It Good!... (Sorry, had to go there.)

Cinderelley
08-02-2018, 11:55 PM
It's the water!

Steve

The water is so bad that everything else tastes great in comparison?

magicofdisney
08-03-2018, 09:40 AM
I know how you feel. For a while, I wouldn't buy caramel popcorn (even though you can get it ANYWHERE) except at Disney. It's nice to have that ONE thing that becomes special when you visit.

barnaby
08-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Got yogurt at a Redberry on the campus of TCNJ and they had dole whip as one of the flavors.
I refused to get one. :)

baldburke
08-03-2018, 12:35 PM
The water is so bad that everything else tastes great in comparison?

Yes and no. My kids live for the ultra-chlorinated smell of Disney water. POTC their favorite way to get their water high as you queue through to go deeper and deeper into the confines of the attraction. However the loathe Coke's Dasani water and wish there were other in park options.

Speedy1998
08-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Yes and no. My kids live for the ultra-chlorinated smell of Disney water. POTC their favorite way to get their water high as you queue through to go deeper and deeper into the confines of the attraction. However the loathe Coke's Dasani water and wish there were other in park options.

Fun fact, there is no chlorine in the water rides at the Disney theme parks only at the water parks and in the pools. POTC and the other water rides use Bromine, because it does not bleach clothing and is less likely to cause skin irritation. That is why the Disney water had "that smell" to it.

Cinderelley
08-04-2018, 04:11 AM
Fun fact, there is no chlorine in the water rides at the Disney theme parks only at the water parks and in the pools. POTC and the other water rides use Bromine, because it does not bleach clothing and is less likely to cause skin irritation. That is why the Disney water had "that smell" to it.

Speaking of that smell, as I was leaving work at the jail yesterday morning, I swear one of the rooms smelled exactly like POTC. My coworkers thought I was just having Disney hallucinations, but I think the rain had mixed with something in one of the rooms and caused the smell.

brownie
08-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Speaking of that smell, as I was leaving work at the jail yesterday morning, I swear one of the rooms smelled exactly like POTC. My coworkers thought I was just having Disney hallucinations, but I think the rain had mixed with something in one of the rooms and caused the smell.

It was raining in the room?

baldburke
08-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Very interesting...thanks for the info!

texas211
08-04-2018, 04:04 PM
That would be urine.. and bleach.

brad192
08-04-2018, 05:04 PM

I had a similar experience. While on a business trip to Indianapolis, I arrived at my hotel & entered the lobby. I was immediately overwhelmed with "Disney Water" smell, and stopped dead in my tracks. The lobby had a fountain, and it must have had Bromine as a disinfectant. My co-worker asked me why I stopped so quickly, and all I could say was "It smells like 'Pirates' in here!" He gave me one of those​ looks & continued to the check in desk.

Cinderelley
08-04-2018, 09:39 PM
It was raining in the room?

It's an old building and leaks quite a bit.