PDA

View Full Version : OKW or SSR

donald-doc
07-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Hello all,

We are DVC members planning a last minute trip end of August to WDW. We own at VWL (BRL) and OKW. The only availability for our dates are at SSR and OKW. We have been to most DVC resorts, and are left with a big question:

We have never been to SSR, and we know OKW really well.

Which should we pick? SSR or OKW and why?

WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE??

Thanks,
DD

VWL Mom
07-30-2018, 02:15 PM
I voted OKW because I really like the size of the rooms and the patios, I'm not sure where they stand as far as the refurb though.

We've never stayed at SSR, it just doesn't appeal to us but if you plan of visiting DS a few times, preferred view would be very convenient.

donald-doc
07-30-2018, 02:19 PM
***Uh oh, did you say "refurb" at OKW?

What might that mean??

VWL Mom
07-30-2018, 02:59 PM
Yep. all the rooms are getting refurbished (and they look really nice IMO), I'm just not sure how far they gotten. They are going one building at a time with completion expected spring of 2019. According to an Disneytouristblog recent update Buildings 30-35, 45-47, and 53-56 are done.

Pastcastmember1715
07-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Here's another vote for OKW, if you were staying in a studio where you would be more dependent on the food courts, i might go with SSR, but since your in a 2Bdrm with a full kitchen I would go OKW, the rooms are larger, and it will save you some on points! Have a great time.........

Isabella
07-30-2018, 05:17 PM
I voted for OKW because we just like the atmosphere better there. The two times we've stayed at SSR it just didn't put a smile on my face like the other DVC resorts do.

ThanxForNoticin
08-01-2018, 12:39 PM
For us, it's not even close - OKW just feels way more like "home" than SSR.