PDA

View Full Version : Latest Statements from Joe Rohde on the Infamous 'Disco Yeti'

Figment!
07-09-2018, 08:56 PM
Imagineer Joe Rohde took to the twitterverse over the weekend to (officially) unofficially comment on the future of Expeditions Everet's infamous 'Disco Yeti' at Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Remember when @Joe_Rohde swore at D23 that he would fix the Yeti #BlessHim

Yes. Still on it.

While you’re on that fixing Disco “Yeti” can ya make it a Yeti and not a Sasquatch? Like...why is it brown haired and all the merch white.

If yeti is real, likely to be cryptically colored, ala snow leopard. If real it lives where food is, in forest not snow. Sherpas say brown.

Cinderelley
07-10-2018, 01:22 AM
Guess they should fix the merchandise then.

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2018, 06:37 PM
Funny, they had a plan years ago to fix the yeti... They didn't then, I don't see them doing so now...

Cinderelley
07-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Maybe they will with the increase in attendance that they are expecting. Does it make a huge difference in the ride if it moves or not?

Figment!
07-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Maybe they will with the increase in attendance that they are expecting. Does it make a huge difference in the ride if it moves or not?

It is Rumoured that the 'fix' will be part of other enhancements to the attraction potentially part of the Walt Disney World 50th attraction blitz.

My personal opinion of 'A Mode' was that it is a significantly different on-ride experience with the swiping arm at the car versus the strobed 'B mode'. It hasn't stopped me from riding it, but it has been demoted from a 'few times a trip' to 'once a trip' experience for me.

DizneyFreak2002
07-11-2018, 07:11 PM
It is Rumoured that the 'fix' will be part of other enhancements to the attraction potentially part of the Walt Disney World 50th attraction blitz.

My personal opinion of 'A Mode' was that it is a significantly different on-ride experience with the swiping arm at the car versus the strobed 'B mode'. It hasn't stopped me from riding it, but it has been demoted from a 'few times a trip' to 'once a trip' experience for me.
I feel the same way about A mode vs. B mode... Esp since Disney hyped up the yeti animatronic.. and now, it sits there, in it's John Travolta Bee Gees glory...

texas211
07-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Calm down everyone. Its just a new strobe light being installed. Newer LED.

Cinderelley
07-11-2018, 11:58 PM

A new strobe light? I better bring my 70s disco outfit!

texas211
07-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Bring out the funk

Cinderelley
07-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Won’t you take me to
Funkytown!

DizneyFreak2002
07-12-2018, 12:08 PM

It's actually a disco ball... And they are putting a white suit and black button down dress shirt on the yeti... I believe STAYING ALIVE will be playing in the background too...

texas211
07-12-2018, 05:32 PM
It's actually a disco ball... And they are putting a white suit and black button down dress shirt on the yeti... I believe STAYING ALIVE will be playing in the background too...

I would actually prefer that.

brad192
07-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Speaking of shirts, has anyone sent an Intercot "Yeti is Down" T-shirt to Mr. Rohde? You know, as a not-to-subtle hint/request from all of us here?

Cinderelley
07-13-2018, 02:23 AM

Lol Staying Alive would be appropriate if you were being chased by a Yeti.

Cinderelley
07-13-2018, 02:23 AM
Speaking of shirts, has anyone sent an Intercot "Yeti is Down" T-shirt to Mr. Rohde? You know, as a not-to-subtle hint/request from all of us here?

Hmmm, how would one go about doing that? I'll volunteer. Is he in Florida? I can personally deliver it if it isn't fixed by October.

RunDMV
07-13-2018, 06:37 AM
Why would they fix it? Everything, including how they alienate guests, goes through a cost/benefit analysis. There is no benefit to the cost of fixing it. Rhode and others are probably bit perplexed that guests haven't forgotten the yeti is broken.

Tekneek
07-16-2018, 11:48 AM

This is only for the new hard ticketed party nights at Animal Kingdom.

Cinderelley
07-16-2018, 11:40 PM

Lol. I would probably attend that.

DizneyFreak2002
07-17-2018, 12:00 PM

Disney Disco Nights.... Come party at the Animal Kingdom Disco!!! Come see all your Disney friends dressed in their 1970's disco best!!! And ride the train up to Everest to see special guest DISCO YETI as he belts out top disco tunes of the era... Rick Dees is your guest DJ for the night... Only $300.99 for adults, $299.99 for children... DVC discount $298.99.....

Cinderelley
07-18-2018, 12:41 AM
Disney Disco Nights.... Come party at the Animal Kingdom Disco!!! Come see all your Disney friends dressed in their 1970's disco best!!! And ride the train up to Everest to see special guest DISCO YETI as he belts out top disco tunes of the era... Rick Dees is your guest DJ for the night... Only $300.99 for adults, $299.99 for children... DVC discount $298.99.....

Will John Travolta make a special appearance?

texas211
07-18-2018, 07:49 PM
Will John Travolta make a special appearance?

I better hear some Beegees.

Cinderelley
07-19-2018, 04:50 AM
I better hear some Beegees.

I thought you were the one singing Stayin' Alive. I bought you some extra tight pants for it.

PopPhan
07-19-2018, 07:43 AM
I thought you were the one singing Stayin' Alive. I bought you some extra tight pants for it.

Was thinking more "Night Fever" than "Stayin' Alive," but that works too!! LOL

Or maybe, get some colored lights in there and do a "Xanadu" theme...Yeti on roller skates!!! :rotfl: Olivia Newton John and ELO doing the soundtrack...

texas211
07-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Stayin Alive is the way to go on this one.

The shirt w/ the big collars, now that is what is needed.

Cinderelley
07-19-2018, 08:03 AM
Was thinking more "Night Fever" than "Stayin' Alive," but that works too!! LOL

Or maybe, get some colored lights in there and do a "Xanadu" theme...Yeti on roller skates!!! :rotfl: Olivia Newton John and ELO doing the soundtrack...

I LOVED Xanadu (what can I say? I was really into Greek mythology when I was young.)

"Now that I'm here, now that you're near, in Xanaduuuuuuu"

Cinderelley
07-19-2018, 08:05 AM
I have Suddenly stuck in my head now.

PopPhan
07-19-2018, 09:23 AM
I LOVED Xanadu (what can I say? I was really into Greek mythology when I was young.)

Believe it or not, I watched the movie shortly after it came out just for the music from ELO!!!!! But, yes, the Greek/Roman (the only real differences are the names!) mythology in the movie was interesting, albeit flawed.

"I'm Alive" is one that sticks with me....

#1donaldfan
07-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Gosh, it's been so long since I've seen that arm move .... what about the bird at the busted tracks ?? He's not swooped by in a very long time .... but still .... I love the ride !!

PopPhan
07-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Gosh, it's been so long since I've seen that arm move .... what about the bird at the busted tracks ?? He's not swooped by in a very long time .... but still .... I love the ride !!

????? I don't recall ever seeing that. Are you sure it wasn't a REAL bird just for you?? LOL

joonyer
07-19-2018, 12:42 PM
The animated bird at the top of EE has been off and on through the years. You can find video of it on youtube.

#1donaldfan
07-20-2018, 11:25 AM
????? I don't recall ever seeing that. Are you sure it wasn't a REAL bird just for you?? LOL

Yep, that's it !! The real bird was sent to distract me from all the rubber band hair thingies tossed about .... hahaha !!

Cinderelley
07-20-2018, 11:27 AM
I was flipping through radio stations on the way home from work this morning and Stayin Alive was on. It is a sign.

texas211
07-20-2018, 12:27 PM

I hear Xanadu, I think of that Xanadu House of the Future they used to have.. Remember that? Looked like a squashed white duck.

Cinderelley
07-21-2018, 06:17 AM
I hear Xanadu, I think of that Xanadu House of the Future they used to have.. Remember that? Looked like a squashed white duck.

I hadn't heard of it, but I looked it up. It looked pretty cool in a retro futuristic type of way.

texas211
07-21-2018, 10:00 AM
I hadn't heard of it, but I looked it up. It looked pretty cool in a retro futuristic type of way.

Wasn't that great. But part of the greatness of 90's Orlando. Random crazy tourist ideas like that. I miss the coupon books and tons of free sea shells and such. All of the souvenir stores everywhere. Ah, glory days.