PDA

View Full Version : Pop vs Caribbean Beach

FenwayGirl
07-09-2018, 09:31 AM
In the process of booking for Nov 2019. I am trying to choose between Pop Century and Caribbean Beach. I am assuming that all construction at CB will be complete. What would you choose? Pros, Cons?

disney1026
07-09-2018, 03:39 PM
I have stayed at both POP and Caribbean Beach. I did like both, so I think either is a good choice. But if it were my choice, I'd go to POP. My family (husband and 2 kids under age 10) all preferred POP and said it was their favorite Disney hotel (mine is still Port Orleans Riverside!). For me, there isn't in my opinion much that Caribbean Beach has to offer that POP does not. So I'd spend less money on the resort. That being said, we are a family that does not spend a lot of time at the resort. I would much prefer to save money at the resort and eat at more table service restaurants.

Cinderelley
07-10-2018, 12:53 AM
I would choose Pop over CBR.
Pop Pro's
One central bus stop
Fun theming
Play areas for kids
Everything is fairly close
Everything Pop does a great job of serving the masses and getting them out during the breakfast rush.
You can see fireworks from the back of the 50's building behind the jukebox if you get a room on a higher floor
Rooms were recently refurbished

Pop Con's
It is a value, so there isn't a nice sit down restaurant
They are building the gondola to stop at Pop Century

CBR Pro's
The grounds are beautiful
You can see fireworks in the sky while walking around
There was a nice sit down restaurant. I don't know if it will still be there after the construction.
Hammocks on the beach.
Everything should be nice and new after the construction

CBR Con's
The resort is huge, so there can be a lot of walking involved
Several bus stops around the property.
There will probably be a lot of people there after they finish construction.

FenwayGirl
07-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

ransam
08-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Just stayed at the Caribean for the first time and after taking into consideration the construction, i still didn't like it all. first of all the lobby is seperate from your room, so you get dropped off from magical express and i don't know about anyone else, after all the planning and countdowns, I want to hit the park. But you get dropped off and have to take another bus to one of the 6 stops. then take another bus to the parks. the bus stops are a pain. depending on where you stay and the bus stops at every section, it can take 20 minutes or more before you're headed to the park, same way when you come back. Also I love that when i head to the park while at POP or any value i can eat, shop for last minute things, check with staff right there and hit the bus. likewise when you get home you can grab a drinnk w/ your cup, grab a snack, or some item, and away you go to your room. also personally I love that there's so much going on at POP, activities, and people. There's more "disney" there.

Caribean is really nice, very pretty, the staff is awesome. but I just didnt' l ike it. i was there in July, right after Toy Story land, and it was too quiet for me. I'm glad i did it, but won't do it again.