PDA

View Full Version : Painful Rider Experience: I Dinosaur as BAD as Indiana Jones Adventure?

Goes4FastPass
06-18-2018, 11:39 AM
I remember my last ride on Dinosaur at AK - The vehicles where the passenger deck moves independently from the vehicle chassies, but recently i had a NevER AGAIN experience in similar vehicles in the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland.

As soon as the vehicle departed the loading session we were violently jerked around constantly regardless of what was going on in the attraction.

The last time I rode Dinosaur, I think I remember seemed to needlessly toss riders around somewhat but not too much. Is it 'worse' now?

Speedy1998
06-18-2018, 12:17 PM
From what I have read they are the same ride system on the exact same track layout.

VacationDisney
06-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Both rides jerk you around. I do like the Indiana Jones ride better because it's not so dark. The Dinosaur ride on the other hand is very, very dark inside. If you don't like a jerky ride then these are not the rides for you.

magicofdisney
06-18-2018, 12:57 PM
I've always felt like it jerked the rider excessively. Because of that, I pretty much steer clear of it. And I don't even have health issues to avoid.

buzznwoodysmom
06-18-2018, 07:31 PM
I think they are pretty similar in that regard. I do recall, however, that after riding Indiana Jones at DL telling my husband and kids that I barely remember what the ride was about and that if I didn't know it was the Indiana Jones ride that fact may have been lost on me because it felt like all I did was try to hold steady and not really pay attention to the ride. lol. However, after riding Dinosaur a few weeks ago, it was also pretty rough, rougher than I remembered. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

texas211
06-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Dinosaur is like riding w/ a learning driver that has new brake pads on the vehicle. Horrible. The last time I went, so dark, so jerky, you have no idea what is really going on.

Cinderelley
06-19-2018, 02:54 AM
They are the same ride with different themes. I can't ride either one of them due to the jerkiness of it.