PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or AoA?

Cinderelley
05-28-2018, 11:48 PM
I will be staying in Disney World by myself after my family leaves in order to relax. I just can't decide where I want to stay in my quest to stay in all of the resorts. I will be staying at Coronado Springs for the first three days I am there. My friend who lives in Florida will be joining me, so we can visit before the family arrives. Once they get there, we are moving to AKL. After they leave, should I go to Port Orleans French Quarter or Art of Animation?

1. I like the Values. I love wandering the grounds and taking pictures of all the details
2. French Quarter is the last moderate I need to have stayed in all of them. Someone on here said the creepy faces in the dining area are gone, which was the major reason I never stayed here before.

texas211
05-29-2018, 06:52 AM
FQ! Plus you can venture over to RS if you need to for additional dining options. I'd always stay at a moderate over a value. Just nicer.

FQ is quieter and you can take the boat over to DS too! Win!

Zippy 1
05-29-2018, 10:38 AM
We love FQ!! But that said I have been unable to get a room there on our last two trips. It has become very popular because it is smaller. But if you can get in I would stay there. Just love it!!

sorcerer fan
05-29-2018, 05:16 PM
and at French quarter you get the boat ride to Disney springs!

mom2morgan
05-29-2018, 11:06 PM
I've never done a value, so can't really speak to A of A, but we ventured from Riverside to FQ and thought it was really nice. I know what you mean about the creepy faces, LOL - that used to make me wonder as well! But their food court was really very nice. And having the boat to DTD right there is also nice on a relax trip - on our last day we took the boat just to take the boat and kill some time :-) I still like Riverside better than FQ, but the other two said they REALLY liked it and wish we'd stayed there.

mykidsmom
05-30-2018, 09:07 AM
POFQ by far my favorite(excluding deluxe of course). Size, location, ambiance are its strengths.

Cinderelley
05-30-2018, 05:27 PM
Looks like FQ is the majority's preference by far.

Isabella
05-30-2018, 06:36 PM
FQ because of one word in your description... relax. Much more relaxing than AoA.
A more tropical feel vs a more cement feel.
Intimate vs crowded
As stated before, boat access to Disney Springs
Beignets
I could go on and on....

#1donaldfan
05-31-2018, 11:37 AM
FQ is hands down the best resort on property !! IMHO !! haha !! :thumbsup: It's so laid back and quiet, simply the moderate that gives off a deluxe feel !! We love AoA too, and find it to be our resort of late, our numbers have increased so we like the suites they offer. You will not choose wrong with either you pick, but I voted FQ:mickey:

GeorgeOfTheJungle
06-04-2018, 11:07 AM
French Quarter is worth it for the boat to Disney Springs alone! But really, it is such a charming, small and lovely resort. One of my favorites. I love the theming!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-05-2018, 10:20 AM
I'm a huge POFQ fan ... and if you've never stayed there, it is worth trying it out. It is small, I love walking the "streets" to get to my room, the boat to DTD and you can hop over to POR if you want a change (their food court is bigger and better).

jennsky
06-06-2018, 10:28 AM
I missed your poll, but I would definitely choose POFQ. I love love love the atmosphere there. So quaint and peaceful. It's a small resort and definitely beautiful to walk around. AoA is great for little kids, but if I was by myself, I would choose POFQ.

RBrooksC
06-06-2018, 11:11 AM
I've stayed at PORS and AoA. I would rather stay at PO over AoA but I found AoA to be a fantastic resort and the theming there is amazing. The Cars section looks good enough to be in one of the parks. With that being said, unless you get the Little Mermaid Room, you are going to be paying Deluxe prices for a Value Resort. You would get more value for your money to stay in PO. Also, the grounds are very well designed and the boat ride to Disney Springs is very relaxing.

Cinderelley
06-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Sounds like it will be POFQ as long as there's a room available. :)

texas211
06-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Sounds like it will be POFQ as long as there's a room available. :)

If not, can you just camp out at a starbucks at MK now? They should allow me in without buying anything.. FREE DISNEY!

Cinderelley
06-08-2018, 11:00 AM
If not, can you just camp out at a starbucks at MK now? They should allow me in without buying anything.. FREE DISNEY!

Do you drink that much Starbucks?? O.O

texas211
06-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Love a green or black tea, and a book.

PopPhan
06-08-2018, 02:48 PM
FQ! Plus you can venture over to RS if you need to for additional dining options. I'd always stay at a moderate over a value. Just nicer.

FQ is quieter and you can take the boat over to DS too! Win!

And have easy access to see YeeHaw Bob!!!!

Cinderelley
06-10-2018, 01:04 AM
And have easy access to see YeeHaw Bob!!!!

I do still need to see him. I'll have to schedule it into my plans.

disney1026
07-09-2018, 03:44 PM
I've never stayed at FQ, but have stayed at Riverside several times and gone over to FQ to walk around and eat at Food Court. I would choose FQ. The Port Orleans Resorts are by far my favorite that I've stayed at, and I've been at Value - Deluxe.

nicster
12-07-2018, 11:37 AM
I’m glad that you asked the question, just the kind of input I needed.

Villainess
03-24-2019, 03:22 PM
FQ. Fun resort, scat cats is a lot of fun after a long day at the park. AND the resort is quaint and beautiful.

Crow
03-27-2019, 03:20 PM
FQ esp if you havent stayed there...smaller, beignets, boat. you are staying at CSR and AKL which are 2 favs of mine. enjoy

Cinderelley
03-27-2019, 05:02 PM
FQ. Fun resort, scat cats is a lot of fun after a long day at the park. AND the resort is quaint and beautiful.

What is Scat Cats?

texas211
03-30-2019, 01:49 PM
What is Scat Cats?

Cat pooh?

Cinderelley
03-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Cat pooh?

Lol. For anyone else who doesn't know, I looked it up. It's a lounge at POFQ that has a jazz band on some days.